Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

English-Chinese Chinese-English English-English

1. Jan 5, 2006 #1
    I am looking for an electronic dictionary that will do

English-Chinese
    Chinese-English
    English-English

Traslations.

It should recognise the number of strokes as well as pin yin

Can anyone recommand me a value for money electronic dictionary that will do that?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 5, 2006 #2
    Dr. Eye is used in Taiwan...(my mom uses this one)
    it does chinese Shorthand to Chinese Complex(vice versa), and English to Chinese. It has very weird translations.

I haven't found a Chinese to english but i'll keep a look out. I do recall that there was an online translation...though i can't recall the name of the website. Don't know why you would need an english to english translation.

4. Jan 5, 2006 #3
    There are many online dictionaries but often I like to check for a word or character immediately and it often occurs when I cannot easily get access to a computer.

I do some arts subjects so it would be handy if I could check for a meaning of an english word immediately. Most likely I would not understand the chinese meaning of the english word because I only know about 500 chinese characters.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?