1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

English-Chinese Chinese-English English-English

1. Jan 5, 2006 #1
    I am looking for an electronic dictionary that will do

English-Chinese
    Chinese-English
    English-English

Traslations.

It should recognise the number of strokes as well as pin yin

Can anyone recommand me a value for money electronic dictionary that will do that?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 5, 2006 #2
    Dr. Eye is used in Taiwan...(my mom uses this one)
    it does chinese Shorthand to Chinese Complex(vice versa), and English to Chinese. It has very weird translations.

I haven't found a Chinese to english but i'll keep a look out. I do recall that there was an online translation...though i can't recall the name of the website. Don't know why you would need an english to english translation.

4. Jan 5, 2006 #3
    There are many online dictionaries but often I like to check for a word or character immediately and it often occurs when I cannot easily get access to a computer.

I do some arts subjects so it would be handy if I could check for a meaning of an english word immediately. Most likely I would not understand the chinese meaning of the english word because I only know about 500 chinese characters.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?