Entangled quants inside a particle accelarator

SchrodingersQuants
TL;DR Summary
What happens with entangled quants if put inside Particle accelarator and shot at each other?
Due to the energie that is put in when entangling quants my question arises in the outcome. If two quants entangled with each other are accelarated in an particle accelarator and hit each other, they should (as i understand it) cancel each others spin out and therefore cancel the energie they both possess. But here my question comes in place, where does the Energie put in to entangle them go? What would be the theoreticall outcome of shooting two entangled quants at each other regarding new particels, aswell as the energie levels that get free?

Thanks for the answers in advance
greetings a physics enthusiast

Physics news on Phys.org
SchrodingersQuants said:
If two quants entangled with each other are accelarated in an particle accelarator and hit each other, they should (as i understand it) cancel each others spin out
Why would they do that?

SchrodingersQuants said:
and therefore cancel the energie they both possess.
Even if they did cancel each other's spin, that does not imply that their energies would cancel also. Energies don't cancel.

Likes vanhees71 and PeroK
The Spin that they possess if we have two quants should be exactly 0, so if particle one with an positive spin hits particle two witch has a negative spin and they are in an particle accelarator with high speeds the particles entangled shouldnt stay the same so they would cancel out the spin due to the spins having the exact same enrgetic level and speed of rotation just in the exact opposite direction so that we would have (s-)+(s+)=0. But now my question is what happens with the energie after they both collapse when hitting each other in the accelarator? If i have any mistakes in here im sorry for it, english is not my first tounge and im not used to discussing physics on english so i might translate some things wrong.

SchrodingersQuants said:
If two quants entangled with each
It makes no sense to talk about entanglement without specifying which properties are entangled.

But with that said.... after the collision we will end up with the same total energy, linear momentum, angular momentum, charge and other conserved quantities as we had before the collision. Whether the particles are entangled in some way won't change this.

Likes mattt, vanhees71 and PeroK
SchrodingersQuants said:
The Spin that they possess if we have two quants should be exactly 0
If they are in that particular entangled state, yes. There are other possible entangled states which do not have a total spin of 0.

SchrodingersQuants said:
if particle one with an positive spin hits particle two witch has a negative spin
That's not what the entangled state means. In the entangled state neither particle has a definite spin at all on its own. Only the joint state of both particles together has a definite spin.

SchrodingersQuants said:
and they are in an particle accelarator with high speeds the particles entangled shouldnt stay the same
Meaning, they should no longer be entangled? Why not?

SchrodingersQuants said:
so they would cancel out the spin
I don't see why.

SchrodingersQuants said:
due to the spins having the exact same enrgetic level
I'm not sure what you mean by this, but energy is not spin, and even if the total spin is 0 that doesn't mean the total energy is 0.

SchrodingersQuants said:
and speed of rotation just in the exact opposite direction
Quantum spin is not due to "speed of rotation".

SchrodingersQuants said:
what happens with the energie after they both collapse when hitting each other in the accelarator?
What do you mean by "collapse"?

SchrodingersQuants said:
If i have any mistakes in here im sorry for it, english is not my first tounge and im not used to discussing physics on english so i might translate some things wrong.
I don't think translation is an issue here. I think your not having a very good understanding of the scenario you are proposing is an issue here. If you have a reference you can give for where you are getting all this from, that would help.

Likes mattt and PeroK