EoS BPS-BPP + Pure Neutron Matter/ Baryonic Matter

In summary, the speaker is seeking help with merging two equations of state for high density BPS-BBP, with the option of adding a pure neutron gas or a non-interacting baryonic matter and electron gas. They have already collected data for the BPS-BBP equation of state, including neutron drip and the possibility of nuclei disintegration. The speaker is looking for someone with experience in this area to help them as their graph is not meeting expectations. They also ask if it is permissible to share a link related to their work on the forum.
Leonardo Machado
Hello everyone,
Today I'm asking you for help to put together these two equations of state for high densities BPS-BBP with a eos of a pure neutron gas or a non interacting n + p + e gas.

I have already the data of BPS-BBP equation of state, with includes neutron drip and let a open space to nuclei disintegration at its end ( ~1014 g/cm3), so i must attach any of theses types of matter, only a baryonic matter plus a electron gas.

Anyone here has experience with that so can help me? My graph of these eos are not touching, or touching in a density bellow the expected.

Physics news on Phys.org
Here is the graph with these eos ( bbp-bps, pure neutron gas and non-interactive baryonic matter + electron gas)

It is allowed to introduce this kind of link on the forum ??

1. What is EoS BPS-BPP?

EoS BPS-BPP (Equation of State Bardeen, Press, and Teukolsky-Baym, Pethick, and Sutherland) is an equation of state that describes the relationship between the pressure, density, and energy of a system containing pure neutron matter or baryonic matter.

2. What is the difference between Pure Neutron Matter and Baryonic Matter?

Pure Neutron Matter is a hypothetical state of matter that consists exclusively of neutrons, while Baryonic Matter is any form of matter made up of baryons, which include protons and neutrons. Baryonic Matter can also contain other particles, such as electrons and neutrinos.

3. How is the EoS BPS-BPP used in scientific research?

The EoS BPS-BPP is used in astrophysics and nuclear physics research to study the properties of neutron stars and the behavior of matter under extreme conditions, such as high densities and pressures. It also helps to understand the structure and composition of neutron stars.

4. What is the significance of Pure Neutron Matter in astrophysics?

Pure Neutron Matter is important in astrophysics because it is believed to be the main component of neutron stars, which are some of the most dense and compact objects in the universe. Understanding its properties is essential in studying the behavior of these stars and their role in the evolution of the universe.

5. Can EoS BPS-BPP be applied to other forms of matter?

While EoS BPS-BPP was originally developed for pure neutron matter and baryonic matter, it can also be applied to other forms of matter, such as quark matter and strange matter. It can also be used to study the properties of nuclear matter in laboratory experiments.