Ever thought of living where no one knows you

• Thread starter WIN
  • Start date
Just some random thoughts :smile:

ever thought of this:
book a flight, leave a measage for your family and took off to somewhere no one know you and start your career and family there(provided you're not married and not attachment i mean).

which country would you fly to?
let the imagination run free and share your thoughts :woot:
I can travel far to somewhere and live my own life but I have my relatives who care about me and who I should take care of. If I were them, I would be very sad to find out the one I care about was no longer in sight.
Also, I can't stay long in one place except my home. So I want to fly to all over the safe places around the world if I can.
If I have enough money, maybe I will travel to Czech to visit @Sophia :DD

My first teaching job was as the math teach in a very small high school on Washington state's Olympic Peninsula. The school was K-12, with about 140 students in grades 9 through 12. I didn't know anyone there.

Not quite the same as hopping on a plane and heading off to some island somewhere, but the location was fairly remote, with the nearest actual grocery store, bank, etc. 40 miles away.

I stayed there for two years, and went back to college for my masters' after that.

I can travel far to somewhere and live my own life but I have my relatives who care about me and who I should take care of. If I were them, I would be very sad to find out the one I care about was no longer in sight.
Also, I can't stay long in one place except my home. So I want to fly to all over the safe places around the world if I can.
If I have enough money, maybe I will travel to Czech to visit @Sophia :DD
That would be fantastic! :-)
Maybe we'll start a PF couch surfing service :-)

meBigGuy
Gold Member
and there's always this little fear and nervous that follow behind the curiousity.
Humans are designed to be connected socially, so abandoning that feels strange. But, you can do that with the confidence that you will adapt and make new connections, because that is how we are wired. That doesn't mean you truly forget about or abandon your old friends, just that you strike out on your own in a new environment and see what develops. Life might not give you another chance, so seize the moment with confidence when you have the opportunity and slightest inclination. I never regretted it. The loneliness of settling into a new environment is something you don't get to experience often.

I guess this is the first and most apt place to post this smilie:

:eynman:

Fervent Freyja
Gold Member
I guess this is the first and most apt place to post this smilie:

:eynman:
Feynman couldn't have survived without female attention, and would have made sure there were women in a place to get to know before deciding to move far away...

strangerep
Science Advisor
i see. where did you went to
A very secure gated community in another state (but forgive me if I don't divulge the exact location).

and what you did?
Well, I was retired, and I sense that I'm at a much later stage of life than yourself.

Nevertheless, it's been both sad (leaving many years of my life behind), but also a relief (leaving many years of my life behind).

What really matters is what one can take away when one leaves a situation. Afaict, one can only take knowledge and $$$'s (assuming one has acquired some of the former, and/or made some of the latter). This, then, can be a guide for what to do next: what can one learn and what can one earn? :oldbiggrin:

Same place I live now...in my own mind...the commute is short

Likes Sophia
I always think of living in the U.S. I'm sick of where I am living now.

I always think of living in the U.S. I'm sick of where I am living now.
Which is?

jim hardy
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
Dearly Missed
I have a huge escapist streak.

Have dreamed of "Grand Duchy of Fenwick" since 1959 when i saw movie "The Mouse that Roared".

Moving to the woods where no one knows you? No problem. Okay, first let's learn how to make charcoal: (That guy looks so young, but his knowledge is quite admirable if you ask me. :bugeye:)

And then how to make a hut: :hammer:

:thumbup: Or reverse the order, I don't know. But learn both.