Ever thought of living where no one knows you

  • Thread starter Thread starter WIN
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
36 replies · 5K views
CrazyNinja said:
I guess this is the first and most apt place to post this smilie:

:eynman:
Feynman couldn't have survived without female attention, and would have made sure there were women in a place to get to know before deciding to move far away...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
WIN said:
i see. where did you went to
A very secure gated community in another state (but forgive me if I don't divulge the exact location).

and what you did?
Well, I was retired, and I sense that I'm at a much later stage of life than yourself.

Nevertheless, it's been both sad (leaving many years of my life behind), but also a relief (leaving many years of my life behind).

What really matters is what one can take away when one leaves a situation. Afaict, one can only take knowledge and $$$'s (assuming one has acquired some of the former, and/or made some of the latter). This, then, can be a guide for what to do next: what can one learn and what can one earn? :oldbiggrin:
 
Same place I live now...in my own mind...the commute is short
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Sophia
I always think of living in the U.S. I'm sick of where I am living now.
 
philton said:
I always think of living in the U.S. I'm sick of where I am living now.
Which is?
 
I have a huge escapist streak.

Have dreamed of "Grand Duchy of Fenwick" since 1959 when i saw movie "The Mouse that Roared".

 
Moving to the woods where no one knows you? No problem. Okay, first let's learn how to make charcoal: (That guy looks so young, but his knowledge is quite admirable if you ask me. :bugeye:)



And then how to make a hut: :hammer:


:thumbup: Or reverse the order, I don't know. But learn both.