1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Excel/MINITAB graphing - scaling the x axis

1. Feb 24, 2010 #1
    I'm trying to make a bar graph from data which were taken at irregular intervals over 100m. I want the x-axis to be scaled instead of showing each data point one after another. (i.e. I'm coming out with 1-4-5 when I want 1-----4-5). I hope this makes sense - I'm not sure of the proper terminology :/
    I've been trying to do this on excel 2007, but I also have access to minitab (newer version - don't know which one exactly since I'm not at school).

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 25, 2010 #2
    You could change it to a histogram and adjust your values accordingly. It should have a scaled axis in that case.

4. Feb 25, 2010 #3
    Thanks for replying :) I tried a histogram but then it just gave me counts... but since we can draw things by hand I've decided to make a scatterplot and just draw bars overtop since I can't seem to get the whole thing to work out

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook