Excellent video on General and Special Relativity

In summary, the conversation discusses a video on the concepts of General and Special Relativity and its usefulness for beginners. The initial link provided had poor video and audio quality, but the issue was resolved by removing the 'm.' from the URL. The conversation also mentions another video on quantum mechanics by the same creator.
42Physics
I have discovered this video to be very helpful in explaining to newer physicists the concepts of General and Special Relativity.
Silly me! Forgot the link:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ev9zrt__lec

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Do tell!

Based on the first minute or so, I would say that it looks like it might be useful for beginners. But the video and audio quality is horrible. It's at best very close to unwatchable. I can't understand why anyone would make a video with this poor quality except by mistake, and if it's a mistake, then I don't understand why they would upload it to youtube.

worked better when I took the 'm.' for 'mobile' out of the url.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev9zrt__lec

Aside from merits to the content, video and audio quality are top notch! u might try it like this.

I've never had any troubles when it comes to quality?

Always nice to have the link!
Now you understand my prior post!

1977ub said:
worked better when I took the 'm.' for 'mobile' out of the url.

Aside from merits to the content, video and audio quality are top notch! u might try it like this.
Yes, this is much better. Thanks.

It looks like the same person also made a video about quantum mechanics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVpXrbZ4bnU

What is the difference between General and Special Relativity?

Special Relativity deals with the laws of physics in inertial reference frames, while General Relativity includes the effects of gravity and accelerated motion.

How do General and Special Relativity apply to everyday life?

General and Special Relativity have practical applications in technologies such as GPS, as well as our understanding of the universe and its formation.

What is the relationship between time and space in General and Special Relativity?

Both theories propose that time and space are not separate entities, but rather intertwined in a four-dimensional fabric known as spacetime.

What evidence supports the validity of General and Special Relativity?

Experimental observations, such as the bending of starlight by massive objects and the time dilation of fast-moving particles, have confirmed the predictions of General and Special Relativity.

Are there any limitations or flaws in General and Special Relativity?

While General and Special Relativity have been extensively tested and proven to accurately describe the world around us, they do not account for the behavior of quantum particles and therefore do not provide a complete understanding of the universe.