Exciting Future Space Missions: JWST and New Horizons on the Horizon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cosmobrain
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Future Space
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
Cosmobrain
Messages
66
Reaction score
1
What are the future space missions that you're excited about? (sorry if this thread exists already).

I can't wait for the JWST to get launched. I want to see what it will discover about the early Universe.

Also, I want to see a picture that will be the first decent one of Pluto. New Horizons is arriving there in July 2015, the same month of my birthday :)

What about you?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
JWST is the big dog right now. I have great expectations.
 
The JWST is certainly going to be a big event. I cannot think of a bigger event, in the information it will provide, since we visited the moon in 1969.
 
Rosetta, a European mission that will land on a comet and follow it around the sun, will bring some really amazing results.
 
I am looking forward to the next mission to Europa. Seems like missions there keep getting bumped off the budget. I can't wait until we get an orbiter around there and eventually a lander. will be very exciting to see what we can learn. Personally I find it the most interesting body in the Sytem.