Experience the Polling Line: Share Yours & Track Results

In summary: I voted for Gary Johnson.In summary, the polls are open, the lines are long, and some people are staying away because they don't like the choices. But overall it looks like it is going to be a fairly normal election.
Chestermiller said:
The American people have spoken.
Certainly a majority registered to vote, who then voted, seem to be dissatisfied with the status quo and perceived 'elites'.

Likes Bystander
Physics news on Phys.org
HossamCFD said:
The parallels with Brexit are hard to ignore. I'm not too certain about it, but I think Trump will win.

That was on Sunday. Do I get a prize? :P

Sorry, I know that many people are upset. My condolences!

Likes jim hardy, Chestermiller, gfd43tg and 1 other person
DaveC426913 said:
In about ten minutes I'm headed for my boat, with 8 years of emergency supplies.
Take me too! I know CPR!

Likes Evo
HossamCFD said:
Sorry, I know that many people are upset. My condolences!
Either way, about half the voters would be upset.

Likes HossamCFD
Astronuc said:
I've been wondering if the 'main stream' media poll in the urban/suburban areas, since that's easy to access, but seem more blue, while ignoring the more rural areas, which tend to be more GOP/independent, or otherwise red.
I'm not sure it is quite that bad/simplistic. My understanding is that the difficulty is more in the demographics: when you do a random phone poll of 1,000 people you then have to scale the results against the expected voter turnout of the country. IE, if 90% of blacks vote democratic then it matters a lot if the turnout vs whites is higher or lower by a few percent. And how do you predict turnout? With historical data. But if the candidates or situations change a lot, then the demographic projections can be way off in a way that even the pre-election poll's margin for error can't deal with (because the margin for error is based on the poll being self-contained).

Tsu said:
Take me too! I know CPR!
Perfect.

A boat, a skid of food and a brace of PF ladies.

I have dreams like this.

Likes Borg and Evo
NTL2009 said:
I'm watching ABC news and they are all acting so surprised.

"Nobody I know voted for Nixon".

Likes Carrock, Bystander and Astronuc
This is going to be a very strange next four years. :sorry:

Likes Evo
1oldman2 said:
a very strange next four years.
No more so than the past eight.

DaveC426913 said:
In about ten minutes I'm headed for my boat, with 8 years of emergency supplies.

Eight years? So you are expecting two terms?

Astronuc said:
Certainly a majority registered to vote, who then voted, seem to be dissatisfied with the status quo and perceived 'elites'.

Yes, and those 'elites' weren't listening. I heard one commentator on ABC say something that resonated with me - they said one thing that probably 'back fired' was when HRC kept saying "When they go low, we go high!" While they unleash a negative campaign as they say that. The 'common man/woman' can see right thorough that BS.

russ_watters said:
Stock market futures trading halted until tomorrow's market open due to hitting a -5% circuit breaker.
:oldconfused::oldconfused::oldconfused::partytime::partytime::partytime:

NTL2009 said:
Eight years? So you are expecting two terms?
No, he has several people with him. We should probably add to that, I have more people that want to come.

Likes Tsu
Real Clear Politics just uncalled the NE-2 race.

The PA race is running 48.8-47.6 in favor of Trump with 97% of the votes in. The problem for Secretary Clinton is where the uncounted precincts are: York and Franklin counties. Those are not areas where she has run strong.

Oh, and in an "I told you so" moment, before the election is called, the difference between the polls and the actual result was 5-6%. Brexit was also around 6%.

Likes russ_watters and HossamCFD
Google now has Trump at 264 with Pennsylvania going to Trump. It would seem Arizona, Michigan and Wisconsin will go to Trump.

I saw one projection with Trump receiving 302 electoral votes.

Vanadium 50 said:
The PA race is running 48.8-47.6 in favor of Trump with 97% of the votes in. The problem for Secretary Clinton is where the uncounted precincts are: York and Franklin counties. Those are not areas where she has run strong.
AP just called PA. Which is essentially calling the election

Vanadium 50 said:
Oh, and in an "I told you so" moment, before the election is called, the difference between the polls and the actual result was 5-6%. Brexit was also around 6%.
I think the margins are around 2 to 4% in states like Arizona, Michigan and Wisconsin.

Not that we should be getting into the analysis here, but I'm disappointed by how aggressive USA Today has been with their "calls". While both CNN and Fox have held PA at undetermined, USA Today had us leaning blue and now called red. Their aggressiveness is causing them to flip-flop and that is what got the media in trouble in 2000.

I'm comparing nationwide polls to nationwide popular vote. Anything more details is too much like work.

And before calling it too early, if the Trump margin in PA is less than 0.5%, a recount will be triggered. If AZ and MI break for Clinton, she could still win. Unlikely, but not impossible.

Asian stock markets are flattening. The Nikkei is down 5% and the Hang Seng is down 3%.

With the disgusting chants of "lock her up" coming from theTrump camp and the good night from the Clinton Camp. This is over.