Experimental Fluid Mechanics Videos Series

In summary: I really appreciate the effort that you put into compiling these and I'm sure that other students will too!
thank you very much.

this had been very useful

Engineering news on Phys.org
Realplayer! :yuck: Just why, why Realplayer...

Nice videos though, I appreciate them.

I would like to know if the hydrostatic test results for 8" pipe are accepted or not for the following data:the test pressure is P1=16.5 bar, T1=19 C, P2=13.25 bar, T2=10 C.The test duration was for 17 hours.Can somebody tell me if the test results are accepted

I would like to know if the hydrostatic test results for 8" pipe are accepted or not for the following data:the test pressure is P1=16.5 bar, T1=19 C, P2=13.25 bar, T2=10 C.The test duration was for 17 hours.Can somebody tell me if the test results are accepted

hi, is anyone have ever done data correction in simulating fixed ground effect in wind tunnel test section? How big the AR influence the CDi and the forces measurement

Hanni et al, please don't post such questions in this thread.

I doubt anyone knows of a way to watch these on a MAC (i.e., not RealPlayer)?

Thanks very much for stickying these, as well as the mentions of other resources. I am sharing them with the other members of my Applied Fluid Mechanics class.
Great stuff. So few instructors bother to set up experiments to augment their lectures these days these films are a real treasure.
Thanks again!

Thank you very much for posting those videos :smile:

I wish I had seen this series before I took my EFM... T_T

Hi guys, how come i can't directly play it from the website?

thanks

great man

videos are too large to download 300mb files

Clausius2 said:
Hi everyone,

Maybe this resource is new for someone. It's a collection of videos made in the 60's by the very best experimentalist scientists of the best universities of the United States. There you may watch how Taylor gives you a lesson in Low Reynolds Flow...

Ops! Obviously GI Taylor, Shercliff and Lighthill were fine british men, so not all merit goes to USA.

Its really great.its helping me in preparing for my seminar.

A large truck is to transport 30,000 Kg of orange pre-cooled to 4oC under average temperature of 27oC. The structure of the walls of the truck is such that the rate of heat transportation is UA=80W per oC temperature difference between the ambient and the oranges. From past experience, ambient air is estimated to enter the cargo space of the truck through the cracks at a rate of 4L/s. Also, the average heat of respiration of the oranges at 4oC is 0.017W/kg for this particular load. Disregarding any condensation and taking the density of air to be 1.15kg/m3, determine the refrigeration load of this truck and the amount of ice needed to meet the entire refrigeration need of the truck for a 15hour trip.

Can you help me on figuring out how to start this question?

An invaluable source. Really great. I have enjoyed a good few of them, and keep referring other people to go to the page or share the videos. They are just awesome.

Thanks for sharing them.

How can I download these videos? Any help please?

how much power is required for a reciprocating pump to flow the jet with a speed of 80m/s

Thanks great videos

This is an excellent forum.
I am amazed that i hadn't heard about it...

There you go:

http://www.physorg.com/news/2012-01-wings.html

I think that's a valuable resource for explaining why aircrafts fly.

BTW Hello everybody! Long time no see you! I work now in the bay area in a well known university: Fear the tree! :)

Hope all is well with you.

Abspi is an experienced China manufacturer specializes in plastic injection molds and injection molding.

Established in 1997 , with continuous improvement, our factory expands to 5,500 square meters with 250 employees. We can offer our customers from products development, mold design, mold making, plastic injection molding and final assembly.

Abspi has got years of experience for many kinds of materials and surface finish, such as:

ABS, PC, PVC, PP, PS, PA, PC+ABS, PPO, PP+CF, PP+GF, PMMA
PBT, PBT+GF, PSU, HIPS, LDPE, TPE, ABS+fibre glass

Fine sand blasting / Spray-oil / Spray-paint / ultra-welding
Galvanized / Screen printing / Pad Printing / UV painting
Laminated / Matt Laminated / Grinding

Abspi operates a flexible order quantity policy for customers, from the prototype to volume production.

Welcome your inquiry, please send us the following format files: .dwg / .dxf / .pdf / .x_t / .stp / .igs / .prt / .sldprt

Abspi Industrial Co., Ltd

Tel: +86-755-28896531
Fax: +86-755-28896527

Email: abspii@gmail.com

Exceptional thanks bro

I had a very poor fluid mechanics experience at my university. I look forward to viewing these videos!

Wow! These are great! Thanks Clausius2

Also - has anyone here read L D Landau's book on fluid mechanics? I am tempted to purchase it, but I don't know much about it...

Hi, I am sorry to deviate a little from the topic but I need some help. I am a mechanical engineering student in Dubai and I am currently doing a project on RO systems. I have to look into how the feed pressure/operating pressure affects the cost of RO systems and also the operating costs of an RO system. Can anyone help me find some resources? Because I am not finding anything that specifically tells me how the cost is affected by the pressure or the operating cost. Please I would really appreciate if someone could help me. Thank you

<h2>1. What is the purpose of the Experimental Fluid Mechanics Videos Series?</h2><p>The purpose of the Experimental Fluid Mechanics Videos Series is to provide a visual and interactive learning experience for individuals interested in understanding the fundamentals of fluid mechanics and its applications in various fields of science and engineering.</p><h2>2. Who can benefit from watching the Experimental Fluid Mechanics Videos Series?</h2><p>Anyone with an interest in fluid mechanics, including students, researchers, and professionals in fields such as physics, engineering, and environmental science, can benefit from watching the Experimental Fluid Mechanics Videos Series.</p><h2>3. What topics are covered in the Experimental Fluid Mechanics Videos Series?</h2><p>The Experimental Fluid Mechanics Videos Series covers a wide range of topics, including fluid properties, flow visualization techniques, fluid dynamics, turbulence, and applications in aerospace, environmental, and biomedical engineering.</p><h2>4. Are the experiments shown in the videos conducted in a controlled environment?</h2><p>Yes, all experiments shown in the Experimental Fluid Mechanics Videos Series are conducted in a controlled laboratory environment to ensure accurate and repeatable results.</p><h2>5. Can viewers interact with the videos and perform their own experiments?</h2><p>Yes, the Experimental Fluid Mechanics Videos Series allows viewers to interact with the videos by providing instructions and materials for conducting their own experiments at home or in a classroom setting. This hands-on approach enhances the learning experience and allows for a deeper understanding of the concepts presented in the videos.</p>

1. What is the purpose of the Experimental Fluid Mechanics Videos Series?

The purpose of the Experimental Fluid Mechanics Videos Series is to provide a visual and interactive learning experience for individuals interested in understanding the fundamentals of fluid mechanics and its applications in various fields of science and engineering.

2. Who can benefit from watching the Experimental Fluid Mechanics Videos Series?

Anyone with an interest in fluid mechanics, including students, researchers, and professionals in fields such as physics, engineering, and environmental science, can benefit from watching the Experimental Fluid Mechanics Videos Series.

3. What topics are covered in the Experimental Fluid Mechanics Videos Series?

The Experimental Fluid Mechanics Videos Series covers a wide range of topics, including fluid properties, flow visualization techniques, fluid dynamics, turbulence, and applications in aerospace, environmental, and biomedical engineering.

4. Are the experiments shown in the videos conducted in a controlled environment?

Yes, all experiments shown in the Experimental Fluid Mechanics Videos Series are conducted in a controlled laboratory environment to ensure accurate and repeatable results.

5. Can viewers interact with the videos and perform their own experiments?

Yes, the Experimental Fluid Mechanics Videos Series allows viewers to interact with the videos by providing instructions and materials for conducting their own experiments at home or in a classroom setting. This hands-on approach enhances the learning experience and allows for a deeper understanding of the concepts presented in the videos.