Exploding frogs

• Thread starter stoned
  • Start date
Danger
Gold Member
Aren't these things extinct yet? Seems to me that exploding is a little counter-Darwinian.

Maybe the reason that they aren't finding livers is because they're situated such that they get projected farther away when eruption occurs. That doesn't seem likely given that Moonbear places them ventrally and the picture shows a dorsal rupture point, but the only other explanation that I can think of is that whatever is causing the blasts is also disintegrating the organs.

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Where has Smurf been lately (geographically speaking that is)?
Can ass-kicking induce explosion? :confused:

Last edited:
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Danger said:
Aren't these things extinct yet? Seems to me that exploding is a little counter-Darwinian.

Maybe the reason that they aren't finding livers is because they're situated such that they get projected farther away when eruption occurs. That doesn't seem likely given that Moonbear places them ventrally and the picture shows a dorsal rupture point, but the only other explanation that I can think of is that whatever is causing the blasts is also disintegrating the organs.
It could also be that after the frog explodes, it makes it a lot easier for the scavengers to pluck out a tasty liver. I dunno, that article is just way too fishy to give any credibility, and given Ivan's initial disclaimer about the author, I don't think I'm going to buy into this one.

JamesU
Gold Member
Maybe it's something the frogs ingested.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Moonbear said:
It could also be that after the frog explodes, it makes it a lot easier for the scavengers to pluck out a tasty liver. I dunno, that article is just way too fishy to give any credibility, and given Ivan's initial disclaimer about the author, I don't think I'm going to buy into this one.
Thanks Moonbear and Doc. One never knows about Howe... I didn't have a chance to read this one yet, but based on your reactions it sounds like this is one of those over the edge reports. So even her frog reports are toadish? :biggrin:

i'm tellin you people it is the end of the world! :eek: frogs, tsunami, iraq, bush miracolously survived bomb what else you wanna know ? anyday now.

JamesU
Gold Member
stoned said:
i'm tellin you people it is the end of the world! :eek: frogs, tsunami, iraq, bush miracolously survived bomb what else you wanna know ? anyday now.
People thought 2001 was the end of the world

http://www.negativespin.com/images2/2001globe.jpg [Broken]

But maybe...YOU"RE RIGHT!!! AAAHHH!! SAVE MONA LISA!!!

http://www.fantasticfictionimages.co.uk/images/n2/n10006.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Mk
stoned said:
lol, I can't believe a broken hand grenade that hit someone in the back of the head 30 metres away made the news.

Danger
Gold Member
Mk said:
lol, I can't believe a broken hand grenade that hit someone in the back of the head 30 metres away made the news.
I, among several, am severely pissed off at the guy for missing. :grumpy:

JamesU
Gold Member
Did they find who did it?

yomamma said:
Did they find who did it?

they will for sure, and guess who would that be ?? one of Osama Bin Laden al Qaida terrist, or maybe someone with Iran connections ? USA wants war with Iran, I bet they going to blame Iran.