FAA whistleblowers hearing story

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
10 replies · 2K views
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Messages
4,411
Reaction score
552
A story that sort of shocked me, i thought these guys were just so good.

http://www.salon.com/wires/ap/2008/04/03/D8VQMF700_faa_whistleblowers_hearing/index.html?source=rss&aim=wires?source=yahoo
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
russ_watters said:
You thought the FAA was good? Wow, ok...

I thought they did a good job keeping aircraft flying in safety.
 
They are from the government and they are here to help.
 
russ_watters said:
No, airplanes are safe in spite of the FAA.

I must have the wrong impression Russ i know they give some lee way to the advantage of carriers, but are they so bad?
 
wolram said:
I must have the wrong impression Russ i know they give some lee way to the advantage of carriers, but are they so bad?

Some of the people with the FAA are very professional and helpful. I used to fly (pilot) often and never had the first problem with anyone in the FAA. The system depends on Aircraft owners and operators having integrity. The people who took advantage should have their head handed to them.
 
I don't really know a lot about the past history of the FAA, in what way are they bad Russ? I always had the impression that they were pretty strict on things.
 
Cyrus, it looks like you need a little left rudder.
 
I am sure if i choose i would fly, the aircraft industry is the best regulated transport system,
any crash is investigated and 99 times out of a 100 a cause is found and recommendations ,
or even groundings follow, i agree some times the time limits for inspection or modification
are elastic and some crashes would not have occurred is they were not, but no commercial system is perfect.