Factors That May Influence Susceptibility to SARS-Cov-2: A Statistical Analysis

In summary, the conversation discusses the relationship between immunity and the severity of the SARS-Cov-2 virus. The participants question if patients with pre-existing immunity-related illnesses are more susceptible to the virus and if there is a way to measure this. They also mention the potential impact of the virus on immune competence and how individual differences and environmental factors may play a role in determining one's risk.
hagopbul
TL;DR Summary
There is few information regarding statistics I couldn't find on the net
Hello all:

Hope all are fine and well , there is this question in relation to corona virus problem :

Do anyone checked if the patients have any immunity related illnesses with the patients of SARS-Cov-2

Where I can find those statistics

Best regards
Stay safe

Biology news on Phys.org
no information on the site if the patients had some kind of immunity illness or they took an immunity illness tests during the SARS-COV-2 period

do you know an expert working in an immunity lab i can correspond with ?

Wasn't the auto-immune disease question the reason for folks looking at Hydroxychloroquine ? I believe that is what you should research...people are already looking.

Likes hagopbul
I don't think such figures would be considered useful. It is generally accepted that immune suppression puts someone at increased risk, and the people involved are aware of this and could be expected to be taking extra precautions. It is assumed one of the reasons the elderly are more at risk is because their immune system is less effective. However this is complicated by the idea that a significant cause of death is due to an immune over response, which is currently treated with drugs designed to suppress this response.
I suspect that because of the actions to protect the immune compromised individuals and the delays in treatments that would cause immune suppression, if we treat the elderly as belonging to a different risk category, the numbers would be low and unrepresentative.
We might get some more information when they start reporting on vaccine trials but until then I suspect that any information will be based on theoretical risks.

Likes BillTre and hagopbul
i was wondering if the patients had an immunity problem before SARA-Cov-2

Likes hagopbul and Laroxe
atyy said:
This paper mentions problems that patients had before COVID-19. A small number of patients had HIV (not sure if that is the sort of immunity problem you were asking about):
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2761044

no i wonder if there is other immunity related thing that results in the fatality of SARS-COV-2
the fatality of this illness is 3.4 - 14%
could there is some sort of immune illness that make the SARS-COV-2 dangerous, some illness we don't know about ? if you don't test the patient blood will not be seen ?

hope all of you are safe and fine

Last edited:
what if 1st was the immune system was weaken for reasons we don't know then if the SARS-cov-2 hit the person it became lethal , like the SARS-Cov-2 lethality is an outcome of some immune system illness

Well there are lots of individual differences in people which might alter a persons susceptibility to any infection and then a huge set of environmental issues that might alter risk, so unless there is a clear single issue identified, like diabetes it will be impossible to get a clear answer.
So, yes immune competence is extremely important but there is a big list of things that might effect that.

1. What is SARS-Cov-2?

SARS-Cov-2, also known as the coronavirus, is a highly infectious respiratory virus that first emerged in Wuhan, China in 2019. It is responsible for the COVID-19 pandemic that has affected millions of people worldwide.

2. What factors may influence susceptibility to SARS-Cov-2?

There are several factors that may influence susceptibility to SARS-Cov-2, including age, underlying health conditions, and immune system function. Other factors such as genetics, lifestyle, and environmental factors may also play a role.

3. How was the statistical analysis conducted?

The statistical analysis was conducted by collecting data from various sources, such as medical records and surveys, and analyzing the data using statistical methods. This allowed researchers to identify patterns and correlations between different factors and susceptibility to SARS-Cov-2.

4. What were the main findings of the statistical analysis?

The statistical analysis found that age and underlying health conditions were the most significant factors influencing susceptibility to SARS-Cov-2. Older individuals and those with pre-existing health conditions were found to be at a higher risk of contracting the virus and experiencing severe symptoms.

5. How can the findings of this analysis be used to prevent the spread of SARS-Cov-2?

The findings of this analysis can be used to inform public health measures and strategies to prevent the spread of SARS-Cov-2. This may include targeted vaccination efforts, protective measures for vulnerable populations, and promoting healthy lifestyle habits to boost immune system function.