Facts About India to Make Every Indian Proud

IN SUMMARY, the three co-founders of Sun Microsystems are Vinod Khosla, Vinod Dahm, and Sabeer Bhatia, the third richest man in the world is Aziz Premji, and the founder and creator of Hotmail is Sabeer Bhatia. The president of AT & T-Bell Labs is Arun Netravalli, the GM of Hewlett Packard is Rajiv Gupta, the new MTD of Windows 2000 is Sanjay Tejwrika, the Chief Executives of CitiBank, Mckensey & Stanchart are Victor Menezes, Rajat
Not only politicians are responisble for the degradation of India. Most indians are not entreprenuers. They would rather be satisfied with a stable govt job rather than start a good business. This is also becoz of the caste system. Moreover huge pop low resources etc also contrib to it. No educated Indian would want to mix with politics. This mindset should be removed.

Physics news on Phys.org
klusener said:
Well, the caste system was brought in place by the Aryans first. You know the Dravidians (that's me) used to live in India, but the Aryans came from Europe and the Dravidians had to move down south and in the middle of India. The Aryans made the more darker-skinned Dravidians the lower caste and the lighter-skinned (the Brahmins, that's why to this day Brahmins are a lot whiter) the upper caste.
I too am a dravidian.

That's good. :-)

But what distresses me is the Hindu-Muslim/India-Pakistan fights, because who are Muslims/Pakistanis? They are Hindus who were converted to Islam when the Mughals came, we have no reason to fight, because if you go back a couple of generations, we are nothing but brothers and sisters. But hatred is too deeply entrenched on both sides for this ideology to change.. Even if we can't get back together (become the same country again) we should atleast survive in peace not threaten each other with nuclear weapons..

p.s. where do you live, chound?

klusener said:
But what distresses me is the Hindu-Muslim/India-Pakistan fights, because who are Muslims/Pakistanis? They are Hindus who were converted to Islam when the Mughals came, we have no reason to fight, because if you go back a couple of generations, we are nothing but brothers and sisters. But hatred is too deeply entrenched on both sides for this ideology to change.. Even if we can't get back together (become the same country again) we should atleast survive in peace not threaten each other with nuclear weapons..

We can't live in peace until Pakistan mends its ways which is never going to happen. Personally if Pak didn't have nukes I would rather that India conquered it to end terrorism.

I live in Chennai! I read somewhere that you were born in chennai

cool machan.. yappadi nee irukka? Yarukume teriyadhu namma yanna pasikitirukum.. gokul tamilian yendru nannaikurain, avan iku matone than puriyum.

anyway, i will see you later... :-)

klusener said:
cool machan.. yappadi nee irukka? Yarukume teriyadhu namma yanna pasikitirukum.. gokul tamilian yendru nannaikurain, avan iku matone than puriyum.

anyway, i will see you later... :-)

PF is a public forum. Didn't anyone ever tell you its rude to whisper in front of others, or talk in a way that they won't understand? If you want privacy, use Private Messages.

the number 42 said:
PF is a public forum. Didn't anyone ever tell you its rude to whisper in front of others, or talk in a way that they won't understand? If you want privacy, use Private Messages.
Sorry man. We just were overwhelmed by the feeling of meeting fellow-citizens. Thanks for your advice.

Hey, I'm tamilian too but I live in Mumbai a.k.a. Bombay!

the number 42 said:

sorry..

it is been a long time since i have met a tamilian online, so just got carried away...

tamil and the other dravidian languages are amazingly similar to languages in africa ..if you go down south near Kanyakumari and stuff, people there are still really dark like Africans...

Last edited:
I'm Singaporean, ethnic Indian with close ties to India. My mom and my wife are Indian by birth.

I'm proud of much of India's accomplishments in the past, but I honestly think the country is a cesspool of corruption and hypocrisy now. And this saddens me no end.

Posting a litany of national "accomplishments" some of which are of dubious merit in a general international forum like this is arrogant and stupid. Even if 100 % of the things on that list are things to be truly and unambiguously proud of, it just isn't right to post it up like that. Remember that Hitler wrote much of the same sort of crap in his promotion of the German master race.

All nations, all ethnicities have something to offer. It's perfectly OK to be proud of your heritage, but what Biology did in his first post is flaunting somebody else's accomplishments in everyone else's faces. I despise this sort of hubris. It embarrasses me as an Indian.

Of course, Spender is just a plain ol' f**king moron troll. 'Nuff said about him.

And Klusener : "Nee enna paysukirai enru ennakku theriyum". (meaning I know what you're saying) I second the other poster who mentioned it's rude to type in another language on a forum like this. But now that you've explained that you got carried away, it's OK. :smile:

Last edited:
Curious3141 said:
Of course, Spender is just a plain ol' f**king moron troll. 'Nuff said about him.

What you want from me MAN ! ?

Everything I wanted to learn about Indian people I learned from watching Apu on "Simpson's".

..and everything i wanted to learn about American people I learned from watching Homer... ;-)

Exactly ! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OK, maybe I read you wrong, spender, you're more a joker than a flamer. You have my apologies. :smile:

No problemo :biggrin:.
By the way, could you tell me Curious3141 what is the official language in Singapore ? I have been kinda wondering for a long time about that.

spender said:
No problemo :biggrin:.
By the way, could you tell me Curious3141 what is the official language in Singapore ? I have been kinda wondering for a long time about that.

I think it's Mandarin as my Grandafather used to live in Singapore and he could speak fluent Mandarin.

Singapore is a mixture of different cultures, so I guess using English in offices would be logical.Mandarin must be spoken widely because there are lots of Chinese.
Singapore is sandwiched between Malaysia and Indonesia, it means that also their languages must be spoken.I'm so confused. :confused:

I am confused here. Sorry, just a stupid american. Is this supposed to be about Indians, or India? The topic says facts about India. However, most of the thread talks about Indians. Also, I am not sure why you would be proud that so many scientist and engineers left India to come to the US to make money.

One more thing: Where are your sources? Did you make these numbers up, or did you do all the research yourself?

Biology with his India thread is propably trying on us his April fools jokes.There are still 5 weeks till April 01 so he going to have to think of something else,maybe like this; India's first astronaut landed on Sun.Ha Ha Ha Ha !

Last edited:
spender said:
Singapore is a mixture of different cultures, so I guess using English in offices would be logical.Mandarin must be spoken widely because there are lots of Chinese.
Singapore is sandwiched between Malaysia and Indonesia, it means that also their languages must be spoken.I'm so confused. :confused:

Singapore is a multiracial society with 3 major ethnic groups and a hodgepodge of minor ones. Major ones : Chinese (around 78 %), Malays (around 7 %), Indians (around 5 %), then "Others" including Amer/Aust/Europeans, etc.

National language is Malay (in deference to our heritage of being part of Malaysia before we gained independence). There are 4 official languages : English, Mandarin (Chinese), Malay, Tamil. The first is the official language of business communications.

I speak English and Tamil well, Malay fairly and Mandarin poorly. I also speak a smattering of other Chinese dialects, and have a very basic knowledge of Hindi.

Curiosity satisfied ? :wink:

spender said:
India's first astronaut landed on Sun.Ha Ha Ha Ha !

Of course, it's perfectly safe if one goes there at night.
:rofl:

Curious3141 said:
Of course, it's perfectly safe if one goes there at night.
:rofl:

Or if you go on the other side of sun- the dark side.
I think I confused sun with the moon. :redface:

mattmns said:
Also, I am not sure why you would be proud that so many scientist and engineers left India to come to the US to make money.

Well the US recognises the talent in Indians and gives us more jobs than any other minority or majority in the US. It shows that Indians are more preffered and sought after. But actually I'd prefer Chineese more though I'm Indian.

Its amazing how much indians accomplished considering the living conditions on the reservations. yahta he

spender said:
Biology with his India thread is propably trying on us his April fools jokes.There are still 5 weeks till April 01 so he going to have to think of something else,maybe like this; India's first astronaut landed on Sun.Ha Ha Ha Ha !

Well dontu think before posting...i realize that Biology did Foolish act...But mind u ,,u are shameless creature...i hate persons like you Sorry to say that...But I am an Indian and i can't tolerate whatever crap u spill out.. :frown:

13. Chess was invented in India.
I would challenge this, the origins of chess are widely debatable. Sam sloan attributes the original game to xiangqi, in China. Which was invented at a much earlier date and could possibly have developed into Chaturanga. Besides, The indian game chaturanga, which I assume this article is talking about as the original chess game, is so vastly different from the game Chess that's like saying Plato invented stalinism because he outlined a rough plan for a 'communist-style' nation in 'Republic'.

Biology ..why is India so poor when according to you Indians are geniuses?

This thread is not progressing.