Facts About India to Make Every Indian Proud

  • Thread starter Thread starter Biology
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Facts India
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
98 replies · 23K views
spender said:
Singapore is a mixture of different cultures, so I guess using English in offices would be logical.Mandarin must be spoken widely because there are lots of Chinese.
Singapore is sandwiched between Malaysia and Indonesia, it means that also their languages must be spoken.I'm so confused. :confused:

Singapore is a multiracial society with 3 major ethnic groups and a hodgepodge of minor ones. Major ones : Chinese (around 78 %), Malays (around 7 %), Indians (around 5 %), then "Others" including Amer/Aust/Europeans, etc.

National language is Malay (in deference to our heritage of being part of Malaysia before we gained independence). There are 4 official languages : English, Mandarin (Chinese), Malay, Tamil. The first is the official language of business communications.

I speak English and Tamil well, Malay fairly and Mandarin poorly. I also speak a smattering of other Chinese dialects, and have a very basic knowledge of Hindi.

Curiosity satisfied ? :wink:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
spender said:
India's first astronaut landed on Sun.Ha Ha Ha Ha !

Of course, it's perfectly safe if one goes there at night.
:smile:
 
Curious3141 said:
Of course, it's perfectly safe if one goes there at night.
:smile:

Or if you go on the other side of sun- the dark side.
I think I confused sun with the moon. :redface:
 
mattmns said:
Also, I am not sure why you would be proud that so many scientist and engineers left India to come to the US to make money.

Well the US recognises the talent in Indians and gives us more jobs than any other minority or majority in the US. It shows that Indians are more preffered and sought after. But actually I'd prefer Chineese more though I'm Indian.
 
Its amazing how much indians accomplished considering the living conditions on the reservations. yahta he
 
spender said:
Biology with his India thread is propably trying on us his April fools jokes.There are still 5 weeks till April 01 so he going to have to think of something else,maybe like this; India's first astronaut landed on Sun.Ha Ha Ha Ha !


Well dontu think before posting...i realize that Biology did Foolish act...But mind u ,,u are shameless creature...i hate persons like you Sorry to say that...But I am an Indian and i can't tolerate whatever crap u spill out.. :frown:
 
13. Chess was invented in India.
I would challenge this, the origins of chess are widely debatable. Sam sloan attributes the original game to xiangqi, in China. Which was invented at a much earlier date and could possibly have developed into Chaturanga. Besides, The indian game chaturanga, which I assume this article is talking about as the original chess game, is so vastly different from the game Chess that's like saying Plato invented stalinism because he outlined a rough plan for a 'communist-style' nation in 'Republic'.
 
Biology ..why is India so poor when according to you Indians are geniuses?