What is the Feynman diagram for Higgs decay to Z and gamma particles?

In summary, the speaker is working on drawing Feynman diagrams for Higgs decay channels and is specifically stuck on the diagrams for H→gg and H→Z\gamma. They attempted to draw the H→gg diagram by reversing the gluon fusion diagram, but are unsure if it is correct. They are also asking for help understanding the H→Z\gamma decay.
maximus123
Hi, I am drawing Feynman diagrams for various Higgs decay channels. There are two diagrams I am stuck on and there aren't many examples online. They are H→gg and H→Z[itex]\gamma[/itex]

For the H→gg decay I had a stab at drawing the reverse of the gluon fusion diagram. Higgs decaying to two gluons via a top quark loop process. I am not sure if this is right.

gg.png

As for the H→Z[itex]\gamma[/itex] could someone explain this decay so I can get an idea of how the feynman diagram should look? Thanks for any help.

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is a Feynman diagram?

A Feynman diagram is a visual representation of interactions between elementary particles in quantum field theory. It shows the paths of particles and their interactions through space and time.

2. What is the Higgs decay process?

The Higgs decay process refers to the decay of a Higgs boson, a fundamental particle that gives mass to other particles, into smaller particles. This process can be represented using Feynman diagrams.

3. How are Feynman diagrams used to study Higgs decay?

Feynman diagrams are used to calculate the probability of different Higgs decay processes occurring. By analyzing these diagrams, scientists can make predictions about the properties and behavior of the Higgs boson.

4. What can we learn from studying Feynman diagrams of Higgs decay?

Studying Feynman diagrams of Higgs decay can provide insight into the fundamental forces and particles that make up our universe. It can also help us understand the behavior of the Higgs boson and its role in the Standard Model of particle physics.

5. Are there any limitations to using Feynman diagrams to study Higgs decay?

While Feynman diagrams are a powerful tool for understanding particle interactions, they have limitations. For example, they do not take into account the effects of gravity and can only be used for particles at the quantum level, not larger objects like atoms or molecules.