Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Figuring out Jargon for a Metal Rope End

  1. May 28, 2013 #1
    I'm in the process of designing an escape system that uses a metal rope. I'm hoping to use a stopper so that the cable is not pulled too far and came across the attached. Unfortunately i do not know the jargon to be able to research it (Possible Materials, strength, sizes, etc) and was hoping someone here could let me know what it is called.

    Thank you.

    Attached Files:

  2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2013 #2


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

  4. May 28, 2013 #3
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook