1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finance BS regret - 2nd degree in ME Engineering ?????

1. Jun 3, 2015 #1
    Thank god I found this website! Bear with me, its a bit of a long explanation before the question..
    So let me start by saying that I'm a finance major, senior year, excellent GPA, but tremendously unmotivated for prospective business/finance industry. I love sciences, I love maths and I've always had this huge crush on anything relating technology/mechanical structures, processes etc. I know that love alone for these subjects is not enough, performance and aptitude for them are crucial, from an academic/intellectual point of view I'm fairly good at STEM subjects. Even though my school didn't required CALC I for finance I took it already, gotta love those integrals!!. I'll be taking Calc II fall and Calc III during Spring just before I graduate. I want to get a mechanical engineering degree after I graduate... but there's a catch

The thing is I'm a foreign student meaning my options are limited. For the sake of simplicity I have to get a job in the finance sector after I graduate so I can stay in the U.S, love KC ... specially those sweet bbq ribs around here!. Problem is I can't stay in school to start engineering BS, my visa doesn't allows it, if I want to stay I need a job in the financial industry. My idea, bit nuts and all, was to work full time while I attend Community College for an Associates Degree in Engineering... possible ???? ... and then transfer to a nearby 4year school to finish it, having already knocked off my Gen Ed courses and Calc I-III would make the workload easier? or would I have to take them all over again?

Thanks a lot guys!

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 3, 2015 #2
    Why did you post this thread twice?

4. Jun 3, 2015 #3
    My bad, thought first post was on the wrong section

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook