Find Free .3gp Converter to Play Videos on Cellphone

• Thread starter swty todd
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Converter
In summary, the conversation discusses different options for finding a .3gp converter for free. The suggested sites include SUPER, ffmpeg, free-star.org, and easy-video-converter.com, with the latter being recommended for its ability to input and output various video and audio formats. One user mentions a reported virus with SUPER and difficulty finding the download link, while another notes that freeware is sufficient for their needs.
swty todd
can anyone suggest a good site where i can get a .3gp converter for free? I a tried a couple a sites (google search), but those .3gp videos fail to play on my cellphone.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I've always used SUPER. The final download link on their website is INCREDIBLY hard to fine. You need to click through several pages before they give it to you. Once you get there though, its one of the best video converters I've found.

HEY folks any more sites...there was a virus with the superconverter and couldn't make ffmeg work...thanks!

the freeware I'm using is http://www.easy-video-converter.com" which can input and output all the video and audio formats, better than most paid programs.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a .3gp file?

A .3gp file is a multimedia file format that is commonly used for storing and playing videos on mobile devices. It is a compressed format designed to be easily streamed over mobile networks.

2. Where can I find a free .3gp converter?

There are many websites and software programs that offer free .3gp converters. Some popular options include Freemake Video Converter, Any Video Converter, and Handbrake.

3. Can I convert any video file to .3gp format?

Most video file formats can be converted to .3gp, but it is important to check the capabilities of the converter you choose. Some may have limitations on the types of files they can convert.

4. Is it safe to use a free .3gp converter?

As with any free software, it is important to research and make sure you are downloading from a reputable source. Be cautious of websites that may contain viruses or malware. It is also a good idea to have antivirus software installed on your computer.

5. Can I play .3gp videos on any cellphone?

Most modern cellphones are capable of playing .3gp videos. However, it is always a good idea to check the specifications of your specific device to ensure compatibility.