Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Find some clearly written books about quantum physics

1. Apr 6, 2009 #1
    Guys help me to find some clearly written books about quantum physics please....

Before thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 6, 2009 #2
    What counts as a clear book all depends on your background. Are you looking for a text aimed at undergraduates?

One example (which has the benefit of being free to download which is why I refer to it) is a new book by James Binney and David Skinner:
    http://www-thphys.physics.ox.ac.uk/people/JamesBinney/QBhome.htm

In print, I personally like Shankar's book on the topic too: The Principles of Quantum Mechanics - R Shankar.

But I'm a theory-inclined person, and what is 'clear' for one person might not be for someone else. If you explain your background there might be more targeted suggestions possible.

4. Apr 6, 2009 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Are you looking for a non-mathematical descriptive overview, or a real textbook?

Also, how much mathematics do you know already, and how much other physics (classical mechanics, electricity & magnetism)?

5. Apr 7, 2009 #4

U know I look for a non-mathematical descriptive overview and as far as a real textbook. I like to read both kind of books. My mathematics isn't so perfect but I know mathematics so so. If u could advise me some book 'bout maths would be better too.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook