Find the direction of the missing vector?

In summary, the missing vector is a vector that can be calculated using other known vectors and the laws of vector addition. To find its direction, you can use the Law of Sines or the Law of Cosines, with at least two known vectors and the angle between them. The direction of the missing vector can be negative, indicating it is pointing in the opposite direction of the given reference direction. Trigonometry, specifically the use of trigonometric functions, can also be used to find the direction of the missing vector.
ugobroncs3343

Homework Statement

The picture shows the problem

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I know that the right hand rule applies but I am confused on exactly what to do from there?
Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

Attachments

• 2012-04-18_11-29-51_193.jpg
    2012-04-18_11-29-51_193.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 565
Physics news on Phys.org
ugobroncs3343 said:
I know that the right hand rule applies but I am confused on exactly what to do from there?
I guess you asked about [1].
Apply the right hand rule to find he direction of the missing vector, then draw it into the picture. For example, does B point up or down in the first case? ehild

1. What is the missing vector?

The missing vector is a vector that is not explicitly given but can be calculated or determined using other known vectors and the laws of vector addition.

2. How do you find the direction of the missing vector?

The direction of the missing vector can be found using the Law of Sines or the Law of Cosines, depending on the given information and the type of triangle formed by the known vectors.

3. What information do I need to find the direction of the missing vector?

To find the direction of the missing vector, you will need at least two known vectors and the angle between them. Additional information, such as the magnitude of the missing vector, can also be helpful in some cases.

4. Can the direction of the missing vector be negative?

Yes, the direction of the missing vector can be negative. This indicates that the vector is pointing in the opposite direction of the given reference direction.

5. Can I use trigonometry to find the direction of the missing vector?

Yes, trigonometry can be used to find the direction of the missing vector. The Law of Sines and the Law of Cosines involve trigonometric functions such as sine, cosine, and tangent to determine the direction of the missing vector.