Find the integral of ∫1/(1+tanx)dx

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rhdjfgjgj
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Integral
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3 replies · 2K views
Rhdjfgjgj
Messages
31
Reaction score
3
Member warned that some effort must be shown
Homework Statement
my teacher told me to solve this one in all the possible ways . I seem to have missed out on any one of them. Please help me oout
Relevant Equations
All standard integrals and concepts covered in AP calculus
I have done one by assuming tanx as u in substitution
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Rhdjfgjgj said:
Homework Statement: my teacher told me to solve this one in all the possible ways . I seem to have missed out on any one of them. Please help me oout
Relevant Equations: All standard integrals and concepts covered in AP calculus

I have done one by assuming tanx as u in substitution
Please show us. Thanks.
 
Also consider [tex]\tan(x - a) = \frac{\tan x - \tan a}{1 + \tan x \tan a}<br /> = \frac{1}{\tan a} - \left(\frac{1}{\tan a} + \tan a\right) \frac{1}{1 + \tan x \tan a}[/tex] for suitable [itex]a[/itex].