Find the resistivity of the resistive wire

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fatima Hasan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Resistivity Wire
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Fatima Hasan
Messages
315
Reaction score
14

Homework Statement


Capture.png


Homework Equations


##ρ=\frac{RA}{L}##
##I=\frac{ΔQ}{Δt}##
##I=\frac{ΔV}{R}##

The Attempt at a Solution


(a)
##ρ=\frac{RA}{L}##
##L=\frac{2*π*r}{2} = πr##
ρ = (5*2.5*10-7)/(π*0.1)
ρ = 4*10-6 Ωm.

(b)
Req = 7+5 = 12Ω
##I=\frac{ΔV}{R}##
I = 36/12 = 3 A
##I=\frac{ΔQ}{Δt}##
3 = ΔQ / 100
ΔQ = 3*100 = 300 C

Is my answer correct ?
 
Attachments
  • Capture.png
    Capture.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 989
Physics news on Phys.org
Fatima Hasan said:

Homework Statement


View attachment 225595

Homework Equations


##ρ=\frac{RA}{L}##
##I=\frac{ΔQ}{Δt}##
##I=\frac{ΔV}{R}##

The Attempt at a Solution


(a)
##ρ=\frac{RA}{L}##
##L=\frac{2*π*r}{2} = πr##
ρ = (5*2.5*10-7)/(π*0.1)
ρ = 4*10-6 Ωm.

(b)
Req = 7+5 = 12Ω
##I=\frac{ΔV}{R}##
I = 36/12 = 3 A
##I=\frac{ΔQ}{Δt}##
3 = ΔQ / 100
ΔQ = 3*100 = 300 C

Is my answer correct ?
Yes, but the resistivity comes out to be 3.978×10-6 ohm-meter. You might not get full credit if you round that off to 4.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and Fatima Hasan