Resistivity of a wire that is wound close on a cylinder

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
curiosity colour
Messages
21
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



20793725_1771973616149698_645562293_o.jpg

Homework Equations


R= pl/A
effective resistance= 1/R

The Attempt at a Solution


I'm honestly don't know where to start, althought I know i need to do something with the 200 coils first, but I have no idea what should be done with it
 
Physics news on Phys.org
curiosity colour said:

Homework Statement



View attachment 208708

Homework Equations


R= pl/A
effective resistance= 1/R

The Attempt at a Solution


I'm honestly don't know where to start, althought I know i need to do something with the 200 coils first, but I have no idea what should be done with it
You can start with a diagram. It is mandatory here to show some efforts on your own.
 
cnh1995 said:
You can start with a diagram. It is mandatory here to show some efforts on your own.
I think it's should look like this, with the wire wound closely together( please excuse my horrible drawing).
20750448_1772001139480279_1032064015_n.png