Find Vector u Midpoint (-2,-4,0) to (10,6,0) and (1,-4,4) to (5,8,-10)

  • Thread starter Thread starter ~Sam~
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Linear Vector
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
~Sam~
Messages
70
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Find the vector u=(xyz) whose

(i) initial point is the midpoint of (-2,-4,0) and (10,6,0)

(ii) terminal point is the midpoint of (1,-4,4) and (5,8,-10)

Homework Equations



I know the midpoint for two vectors from say..P to Q is P+ (1/2) (Q1-P1 Q2-P2, Q3-P3)

The Attempt at a Solution



I can find mids for both..but am confused by the initial midpoint to terminal midpoint..what else do I need?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
i think read start & end of the vector u, for initial & terminal respectively. The midpoint just let's you find where they are