Finding acceleration of a block on the way down an incline

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Maylandra
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Find acceleration of block on the way down incline.
The incline is 40 degrees and made of steel. The block is also made of steel.
μs = 0.6
μk = 0.3
mass of block = 2.00 kg

Homework Equations


a = g (sinθ - μcosθ)
a = F/m

The Attempt at a Solution


My friend is getting 4.04 somehow. When I plug the numbers in, using the coefficient of kinetic friction, I get 9.26.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
First set your calculator to degrees instead of radians. Where are your equations coming from? Which is correctt and why?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Maylandra
PhanthomJay said:
First set your calculator to degrees instead of radians. Where are your equations coming from? Which is correctt and why?
lol well that's embarassing. Thanks, I would've been working on that for hours. I got it now