Finding Distance Traveled of Car with Constant Acceleration/Deceleration

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
jessicax07
Messages
7
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A car starting from rest moves with a constant acceleration of 1.8 m/s2 for 10 s, then travels with a constant speed for another 12 s, then finally slows to a stop with a constant deceleration of 1.9 m/s2. How far does it travel?

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


I tried this and got 283.34 m. I have nooo clue where to start with this. HELP!
 
Physics news on Phys.org


jessicax07 said:

Homework Statement


A car starting from rest moves with a constant acceleration of 1.8 m/s2 for 10 s, then travels with a constant speed for another 12 s, then finally slows to a stop with a constant deceleration of 1.9 m/s2. How far does it travel?

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


I tried this and got 283.34 m. I have nooo clue where to start with this. HELP!

Please show your work so we can see what you did. This is the only way we can point out errors.
 


How did you get 283.34m? What relevant equations are you using?