Finding equivalent capacitance between A and B with isolated component
- Thread starter gracy
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
67 replies · 16K views
Physics news on Phys.org
gracy
- 2,486
- 83
Let say if I would have taken
C1/C2=C4/C3
After putting the values
I could have thought the bridge is not balanced.
C1/C2=C4/C3
After putting the values
I could have thought the bridge is not balanced.
Mentor
- 20,989
- 2,934
You want to see if the two voltage dividers in the bridge circuit will produce the same voltage division. So a simple procedure is to make ratios of the components that make up each voltage divider. Compare the ratios. You can't go wrong if you select corresponding pairs (use symmetry and common sense).gracy said:But then I get confused which one will be denominator and which one will be numerator.
gracy
- 2,486
- 83
You mean if I have selected C1 as numerator for one potential divider I shall select the one which is adjacent to it but at the other side of bridge as numerator of second potential divider,Right?gneill said:You can't go wrong if you select corresponding pairs (
Homework Helper
Gold Member
- 3,489
- 1,173
You can call the two resistors on one side as 'upper' and 'lower'. So, upper/loewer on one side=upper/lower on the other side.gracy said:Let say if I would have taken
C1/C2=C4/C3
After putting the values
I could have thought the bridge is not balanced.
Homework Helper
Gold Member
- 3,489
- 1,173
Its just a memory trick..To understand the bridge balance conceptually, you should analyse it using voltage divider.cnh1995 said:You can call the two resistors on one side as 'upper' and 'lower'. So, upper/loewer on one side=upper/lower on the other side.
gracy
- 2,486
- 83
upper/lower on one side=upper/lower on the other side.And if bridge is of this sort
upper left/upper right on one side=lower left/lower right on the other side
Similar threads
- gracy
- · Replies 25 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 25
- WeiLoong
- · Replies 11 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 11
- Kronos
- · Replies 5 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 5
- Eitan Levy
- · Replies 8 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 8
- KieranRC
- · Replies 9 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 9
- GoldWing
- · Replies 3 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 3
- jishnu
- · Replies 42 ·
- Engineering and Comp Sci Homework Help
- Replies
- 42
- fredrogers3
- · Replies 4 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 4
- elleeyeesay03
- · Replies 3 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 3
- SuperCass
- · Replies 2 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 2