Finding kinetic energy and speed for a 0.600 kg particle

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 5K views
Sheneron
Messages
360
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A 0.600 kg particle has a speed of 2.30 m/s at point A and kinetic energy of 7.00 J at point B.

(a) What is its kinetic energy at A?
(b) What is its speed at B?
(c) What is the total work done on the particle as it moves from A to B?


Homework Equations


J= N*m


The Attempt at a Solution


I am stuck on this problem and don't really know how to go about starting it. I think if i new the first part I could find the other two answers, but I don't know how to do that. Any advice would be appreciated.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
k=.5mv^2

so, k=.5(.6)(2.3^2); k=1.59

b) 7=.5(.6)v^2; v=23.3333^.5; v=4.83

c) (sum)W= kf - ki ; (sum)W= 7-1.59 = 5.41

Thanks,
its been a long day sorry
 
heh. no problem. It looks like you know EXACTLY what you are doing! =)