Finding output voltage of op amp differentiator with three resistors

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
FBS
Messages
12
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


(See attached figure) I need to find V0 in terms of R1, R2, R3 and C.

Homework Equations


V0 = -RC (dVs/dt) for a differentiator

The Attempt at a Solution


I understand I have to apply KCL at the node between C and R1, and I've also determined that R1 and R2 are in series (not sure) but I don't know what to do with R3.

{C * (d(Vn - Vs)/dt)} + {(Vn - V0)/(R1 + R2)}
 
Attachments
  • hwquestion.png
    hwquestion.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 541
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey Did u notice that the node between C and R1 is a virtual ground.
 
crixus said:
Hey Did u notice that the node between C and R1 is a virtual ground.

Plus you're missing one node, plus your equation is incorrect I'm afraid.

Just write the KVL for every node correctly & it'll be obvious what to do with R3 ...