Finding the Equation of c in a Moving Wedge with a Particle

  • Thread starter Thread starter athrun200
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Particle Wedge
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
athrun200
Messages
275
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


See Q2, Method 1 part c.


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/316587_2275178233577_1072324659_2439905_368313036_n.jpg"
I have obtain all eqtn I need but I cannot figure out how to get the equation of c.
I have been trying for few days and my friends tell me that it is possible that Dr made a mistake. Since without part c, we can still do part d easily.

Can anyone help me to see weather there are any error in the question?
 
Attachments
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
My only comment is that your equation for the wedge neglects the tension in the string.