1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finding theoretical output of my hydro generaator thanks.

1. Nov 11, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

hey guys i have been undertaking a project on constructing a small scale hydro electricity generation system. I completed my project and was able to generate electricity using a turbine and a genrator, what i need to do now is find theoretical values for the electricity generated so i can compare them to my experimental values in my report.

My experimental values :

max output AC voltage : 4.4V
    max output watts : 0.066W
    resistance of coils : 10 ohms
    number of coils : 340
    length of 340 coils : 3metres
    current through coils : 0.015A
    magnetic field : i didnt calculate it, and i dont know the strenghts of the magnets although i can try find out tomorrow if need be.
    revolutions per second of generator shaft : unknown. (shaft is connected to magnets) and this is inside a box and then the outside of the box is wrapped in coils.

2. Relevant equations

---- guys i am really lost here. i left my textbook at school and the equations i can think of are the emf equations f = bil , torque bia? i really dont remember. but yeah i am just trying to get some direction towards what i have to look for on the internet even or if i need to take more measurments from my generator.

3. The attempt at a solution

------ thankyou.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 11, 2009 #2
    bump please.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook