Finding weight of sign suspended by two strings at 40 degrees

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
amberacd123
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A sign is suspended from two strings as shown. Determine the wheight of the sign.
Left string: Fτ=25 Newtons; ∅=40 degrees
Right String:Fτ=25 Newtons; ∅=40 degrees

Homework Equations


i no that the mass is at equilibrium, so the tension forces are equal and opposite.


The Attempt at a Solution


I first used sin to help me and I got 16.1 Newtons on both sides, but I don't know where to go from there.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
amberacd123 said:
I first used sin to help me and I got 16.1 Newtons on both sides, but I don't know where to go from there.
In the free body diagram of the sign, what do you get for the balance of vertical forces?