Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fire sprinkler system - most unfavorable location

1. Mar 10, 2016 #1
    I'm about to do some calculations for a sprinkler system in a parking garage (OH2). This system follows EN 12845 (design of automatic sprinkler systems), but I'm sure the procedure for what I'm about to ask is quite similar in NFPA as well.

I need to determine the system's most unfavorable location, and I'm not quite sure how to do this. Just by nature of the design I have a pretty good idea of where it will probably be, but is that a good enough reason? There is a chance it might be somewhere else, so unless I do several calculations of different areas I won't know for certain. Is it ok to assume where it is and calculate that area?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 11, 2016 #2

Borg

Gold Member

Putting it a few inches over a drain would probably be the worst place. :oldtongue:

Seriously though, I found quite a few good links by googling Hydraulic Sprinkler System Design.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted