Fluka user routines -- Questions about Input and Output files

In summary, the speaker is asking for help in running an input file, flex_03.inp, in fluka. They mention that there is also a writect.f file associated with it, and in a different application, head.vxl and ascii_head appear in the output files. They are unsure of the steps needed to see the input and writect.f files when running it and believe that the writect.f file needs to be converted to an executable file. They are not sure of the specific process.
emilmammadzada
TL;DR Summary
Fluka user routines , example runnig problem
Hello dear experts. I want to run this input file flex_03.inp in fluka, but there is also a writect.f file belonging to this file.In another application, head.vxl, ascii_head are shown in the output files of this input file.What steps do I need to apply to the same files so that I can see this iput file and writect.f file when I run it?So I need to see the head.vxl and ascii_head files in my output files.I think I need to convert writect.f file to executable file here.I don't know exactly how things went.

Attachments

• writect.f.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 79
  • flex_03.txt
    11.9 KB · Views: 69
Engineering news on Phys.org

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out with your question about Fluka user routines and input/output files. It sounds like you are trying to run the input file flex_03.inp in Fluka, but you are also seeing a writect.f file associated with it. Additionally, you mentioned that in a different application, the output files include head.vxl and ascii_head files. You are wondering what steps you need to take in order to see these files in your output when running the input file.

First, let me clarify that the writect.f file is not an executable file. It is a user routine file that contains code that can be called by Fluka during the simulation. It is important for you to have this file in order for Fluka to properly run the simulation.

To see the head.vxl and ascii_head files in your output, you will need to make sure that the appropriate user routines are included in your input file. This may involve adding the writect.f file to your input file and specifying its location. You may also need to specify the output format you want for the head.vxl and ascii_head files in your input file.

I recommend consulting the Fluka user manual or reaching out to the Fluka community for specific guidance on how to properly include these user routines in your input file and specify the desired output format. I hope this helps and good luck with your simulation.

1. What is the purpose of Fluka user routines?

Fluka user routines are used to customize the input and output files for Fluka simulations. They allow users to define their own materials, geometries, and scoring options for more complex simulations.

2. How do I create an input file for Fluka using user routines?

To create an input file using user routines, you will need to write a Fortran subroutine that defines the desired parameters and materials. This subroutine can then be called from the main Fluka input file.

3. Can I modify the output files with Fluka user routines?

Yes, Fluka user routines can be used to modify the output files by defining custom scoring options and formatting the output data in a specific way. This allows for more detailed analysis of the simulation results.

4. Are there any limitations to using Fluka user routines?

While Fluka user routines offer a lot of flexibility, there are some limitations to keep in mind. User routines cannot modify the physics models used in the simulation, and they cannot be used to change the geometry of an ongoing simulation.

5. Can I use Fluka user routines with other simulation software?

Fluka user routines are specific to the Fluka simulation software and cannot be used with other simulation programs. However, Fluka does have the capability to interface with other programs, allowing for more complex simulations.