Food slows down the absorption of alchohol?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Googi_b
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Absorption Food
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Googi_b
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Food slows down the absorption of alchohol??

1. The presence of food in the stomach, particularly fats, greatly slows down the absorption of alchohol and drugs into the body. This what I've read in a report on the internet, but I don't know the reason why the rate of absorption slows down. Can anyone tell me the reason?



2.



3. Thanks in advance. This is only a question which I want to figure out the reason.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Googi, we can only help you if you show us that you have put some thought/effort into answering the question yourself. Do you have any thoughts/ideas, why the absorption rate depends strongly on the presence of food?