For Democrats: Who would you love to see as president?

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter ComputerGeek
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Love
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
ComputerGeek
Messages
383
Reaction score
0
After Bush is gone, who do you think would be the best person or a wish list person for president and why?

He already said he is not running in '08, but I say Barak Obama. I think he has the presence, the intelligence, the pragmatism, and the right ideas. He seems to be a guy who can bring together a lot of people and make them see the reasonable path ahead.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
if i were american i wouldn't want barack obama as president.

Each month I think I'm going to stop beating up on Kerry and the Democrats because it makes me sad myself to think that there's no honorable and viable alternative to Emperor George or the Republicans. Then I read about the Democrat's rising star, Barack Obama, Senate candidate and almost certain winner in Illinois, keynote speaker at the Democratic National Convention. He declared that he would favor the use of missile strikes against Iran if it failed to bow to Washington's demand that it cease its alleged nuclear weapons program. Obama also said that in the event of a coup that removed the Musharraf regime in Pakistan, the US should attack that nation's nuclear arsenal. (Chicago Tribune Sept 25 04) Very nice, Barack. Just what this violence-plagued, tired old world needs, more death and destruction, more Iraqs and Afghanistans, more pre-emptive wars of aggression, more imperial arrogance. Obama is clearly showing that he's presidential material by meeting the first requirement for that office: no inhibitions about killing large numbers of innocent and defenseless foreign people. Oh yes, he said the missile strikes against Iran would be "surgical". Even as I write this, the cemeteries of Fallujah are filling up with cases of surgical malpractice.
-- Bill Blum, Anti-Empire Report Oct 24 2004
 
Meh, by 2008 I might be a Democrat. :rolleyes:

I think Mark Warner would be the best Democratic candidate. He's an (ex)-governor and governors have a natural advantage over Senators. Not only is he a governor, he was easily one of the top five governors in the US, if not the best.
 
He'll never leave the Senate and I doubt he'd even want to be president, but I'd love to see Robert Byrd give it a shot. He's been my favorite democrat in any branch of the government for a very long time.
 
fourier jr said:
if i were american i wouldn't want barack obama as president.
Each month I think I'm going to stop beating up on Kerry and the Democrats because it makes me sad myself to think that there's no honorable and viable alternative to Emperor George or the Republicans. Then I read about the Democrat's rising star, Barack Obama, Senate candidate and almost certain winner in Illinois, keynote speaker at the Democratic National Convention. He declared that he would favor the use of missile strikes against Iran if it failed to bow to Washington's demand that it cease its alleged nuclear weapons program. Obama also said that in the event of a coup that removed the Musharraf regime in Pakistan, the US should attack that nation's nuclear arsenal. (Chicago Tribune Sept 25 04) Very nice, Barack. Just what this violence-plagued, tired old world needs, more death and destruction, more Iraqs and Afghanistans, more pre-emptive wars of aggression, more imperial arrogance. Obama is clearly showing that he's presidential material by meeting the first requirement for that office: no inhibitions about killing large numbers of innocent and defenseless foreign people. Oh yes, he said the missile strikes against Iran would be "surgical". Even as I write this, the cemeteries of Fallujah are filling up with cases of surgical malpractice.
-- Bill Blum, Anti-Empire Report Oct 24 2004

He actually said that! If he actually means it, I would infinitely prefer him over many modern presidents to date.