1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

For Democrats: Who would you love to see as president?

1. Jan 30, 2006 #1
    After Bush is gone, who do you think would be the best person or a wish list person for president and why?

He already said he is not running in '08, but I say Barak Obama. I think he has the presence, the intelligence, the pragmatism, and the right ideas. He seems to be a guy who can bring together a lot of people and make them see the reasonable path ahead.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 30, 2006 #2
    if i were american i wouldn't want barack obama as president.

-- Bill Blum, Anti-Empire Report Oct 24 2004

4. Jan 30, 2006 #3

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Meh, by 2008 I might be a Democrat. :rolleyes:

I think Mark Warner would be the best Democratic candidate. He's an (ex)-governor and governors have a natural advantage over Senators. Not only is he a governor, he was easily one of the top five governors in the US, if not the best.

5. Jan 31, 2006 #4

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

He'll never leave the Senate and I doubt he'd even want to be president, but I'd love to see Robert Byrd give it a shot. He's been my favorite democrat in any branch of the government for a very long time.

6. Feb 2, 2006 #5
    He actually said that!!! If he actually means it, I would infinitely prefer him over many modern presidents to date.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?