Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

For Democrats: Who would you love to see as president?

1. Jan 30, 2006 #1
    After Bush is gone, who do you think would be the best person or a wish list person for president and why?

He already said he is not running in '08, but I say Barak Obama. I think he has the presence, the intelligence, the pragmatism, and the right ideas. He seems to be a guy who can bring together a lot of people and make them see the reasonable path ahead.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 30, 2006 #2
    if i were american i wouldn't want barack obama as president.

-- Bill Blum, Anti-Empire Report Oct 24 2004
  4. Jan 30, 2006 #3

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Meh, by 2008 I might be a Democrat. :rolleyes:

I think Mark Warner would be the best Democratic candidate. He's an (ex)-governor and governors have a natural advantage over Senators. Not only is he a governor, he was easily one of the top five governors in the US, if not the best.
  5. Jan 31, 2006 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

He'll never leave the Senate and I doubt he'd even want to be president, but I'd love to see Robert Byrd give it a shot. He's been my favorite democrat in any branch of the government for a very long time.
  6. Feb 2, 2006 #5
    He actually said that!!! If he actually means it, I would infinitely prefer him over many modern presidents to date.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?