Force on 20cm wire carrying 10A at 40° to 0.3T field

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
uzair_ha91
Messages
92
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



A 20cm wire carrying a current of 10A is placed in a uniform
magnetic field of 0.3T. If the wire makes an angle of 40 degrees with
the direction of magnetic field, find the force acting on the wire.


Homework Equations



F=LIB sin<theta>

The Attempt at a Solution



I got the answer:: 0.35, but in the textbook, the answer written at the back is 0.39...which one's correct??
 
Physics news on Phys.org
uzair_ha91 said:

Homework Statement



A 20cm wire carrying a current of 10A is placed in a uniform
magnetic field of 0.3T. If the wire makes an angle of 40 degrees with
the direction of magnetic field, find the force acting on the wire.


Homework Equations



F=LIB sin<theta>

The Attempt at a Solution



I got the answer:: 0.35, but in the textbook, the answer written at the back is 0.39...which one's correct??

Rounding my answer down I agree with the book.I bet you punched the wrong calculator button when you was working out the sin.Sin40=0.643