brewnog 2,793
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

From what?

4. brewnog

brewnog 2,793
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you want an answer, you're going to have to be a bit more specific! How would you respond if I asked "How do you calculate power?"

What are you trying to do?

5. russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

David, there's a simple answer here (the motor vibrates at a frequency determined by its rotation rate), which may or may not (probably not) be all you want to know. The trouble is, after that, vibration gets very complicated and is the subject of an upper-level engineering course (generally considered the hardest ME course there is). The phrase "calculating vibration" doesn't actually have any meaning. There isn't just one potential calculation. So you're going to have to give us much more about what you want.

You posted a website there - is it yours and are you looking for calculations you can add to it?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  6. Yes I am looking to add several equations, my website is free to use, My goal is to help as many engineers and students around the world.

7. stewartcs

stewartcs 2,279
    Science Advisor

Why is there a line through DavidGross' name? I've seen this before on some others, what does it mean?

CS

8. Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

The line through the name means the user has been banned. In this case, for spamming (under several names).

9. stewartcs

stewartcs 2,279
    Science Advisor

I figured it was something bad.

Thanks Doc.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?