Formula's To Work Out Inside Diameters Of A Cluth Plate

• Thread starter Lolliieee
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Plate Work
In summary, we are given the dimensions of a Twin Plate clutch and the results of tests on its lining. Using the equation T= F x Rg x n x ų (Mew), the number of clutch plates (n) and the coefficient of friction (ų) are given, but the inside diameter (Rg) is not. Without this information, the torque that the clutch can transmit cannot be calculated. Further assistance is needed to find the inside diameter or another method to calculate the torque.
Lolliieee
Okaii this is my question :

"A Twin Plate clutch has an outside diameter of 554mm and a width of 219.8mm. Tests of the clutch lining on stell, show that a block of 3Kg requires a force of 11.78N to move it. The spring force is 2.98kN. Calculate the torque this clutch can transmit"

I no the equation is T= F x Rg x n x ų (Mew)

So Far I've Got :-
- n = 4
- (Mew) = 0.40

I Dont No If These Answers Are Correct
But I Havent Got The Inside Diameter To Work Out Rg, And I Dont No Anyother Way To Work It Out...

Any Help Pleaseee?? xx

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Lolliieee said:
Okaii this is my question :

"A Twin Plate clutch has an outside diameter of 554mm and a width of 219.8mm. Tests of the clutch lining on stell, show that a block of 3Kg requires a force of 11.78N to move it. The spring force is 2.98kN. Calculate the torque this clutch can transmit"

I no the equation is T= F x Rg x n x ų (Mew)

So Far I've Got :-
- n = 4
- (Mew) = 0.40

I Dont No If These Answers Are Correct
But I Havent Got The Inside Diameter To Work Out Rg, And I Dont No Anyother Way To Work It Out...

Any Help Pleaseee?? xx

please help meee

1. What is the formula for calculating the inside diameter of a clutch plate?

The formula for calculating the inside diameter of a clutch plate is ID = OD - 2 x thickness, where ID is the inside diameter, OD is the outside diameter, and thickness is the thickness of the clutch plate.

2. How do I measure the outside diameter of a clutch plate?

The outside diameter of a clutch plate can be measured by using a caliper or a ruler. Place the caliper or ruler across the widest point of the clutch plate and record the measurement.

3. What units should I use for the measurements in the formula?

The measurements in the formula should be in the same units, whether it is inches, millimeters, or any other unit of measurement. It is important to be consistent in using units to ensure accurate results.

4. Can I use this formula for any type of clutch plate?

This formula can be used for most types of clutch plates, as long as the clutch plates have a circular shape. However, some special or unique clutch plates may require a different formula for calculating the inside diameter.

5. How accurate is this formula for calculating the inside diameter of a clutch plate?

This formula provides a good estimate for the inside diameter of a clutch plate, but the accuracy may vary depending on the precision of the measurements and the condition of the clutch plate. It is always recommended to double-check the measurements and make adjustments if necessary.