Forum Game - Where's That Landmark? Part 2

In summary, Om found a new landmark and gave a few hints. The last landmark Om gave hints for was the Yale Kahn Institute. Om found a new landmark and gave a few hints. The last landmark Om gave hints for was the Yale Kahn Institute.
The term "Taylor made spider on the bridge" is a significant hint. So was the term "The water became a hazard". There is only one game I know of other than "Spear Catching" that uses the term hazard.:devil:

Physics news on Phys.org
edward said:
The term "Taylor made spider on the bridge" is a significant hint. So was the term "The water became a hazard". There is only one game I know of other than "Spear Catching" that uses the term hazard.:devil:

OK! I got it. Image googling "golf banned in scotland" brings it up very promptly.

http://www.ilovescottsdalegolf.com/2013/08/a-wee-bit-of-scotland-in-scottsdale/

The Swilcan Bridge at St. Andrews.

I'm not a golfer, so the "Taylor made spider" clue still eludes me.

google google google

Ok. It took me only three seconds.

http://taylormadegolf.com/TaylorMade/Spider-Blade/DW-JN966.html

If I happen to be correct, I don't have a landmark ready, so upon edward's confirmation, someone else can post a new one, unless I think of one after my nap ends, which starts... now :zzz:

OmCheeto said:
OK! I got it. Image googling "golf banned in scotland" brings it up very promptly.

http://www.ilovescottsdalegolf.com/2013/08/a-wee-bit-of-scotland-in-scottsdale/

The Swilcan Bridge at St. Andrews.

I'm not a golfer, so the "Taylor made spider" clue still eludes me.

google google google

Ok. It took me only three seconds.

http://taylormadegolf.com/TaylorMade/Spider-Blade/DW-JN966.html

If I happen to be correct, I don't have a landmark ready, so upon edward's confirmation, someone else can post a new one, unless I think of one after my nap ends, which starts... now :zzz:

That is definitely correct.

Actually "Taylor made spider on bridge" Should get a link to the spider on the bridge. I am not a golfer either. The spider is a putter marketed by a company named Taylormade. I can't image hitting anything with one of those things except perhaps a burglar. I got off on a tangent with the spider.

Also "golfer hanging from bridge" will google up;

http://www.aussiegolfer.net/sarah-kemp-loses-bet-and-hangs-off-swilcan-bridge-at-st-andrews/

Hmm I wonder if it might be the new pain med I am on. My wife said my landmark posts just rambled around:confused: My posts have always rambled around.

Last edited:
edward said:
I snapped this from a Youtube video

That's usually how I do it now, if I don't have pictures taken by myself, or a friend.

Collages also confuse the hell out of google image search.

The following is just a random city I ran across while researching an interesting new technology this morning.

pf.wtlm.2014.09.10.0740.jpg

The number one matching image on google is a Doc Martens store in Seattle. Close(not!), but wrong continent.

OmCheeto said:
That's usually how I do it now, if I don't have pictures taken by myself, or a friend.

Collages also confuse the hell out of google image search.

The following is just a random city I ran across while researching an interesting new technology this morning.

pf.wtlm.2014.09.10.0740.jpg

The number one matching image on google is a Doc Martens store in Seattle. Close(not!), but wrong continent.

Nice. Wrong hemisphere too. That one took me SEVERAL MINUTES to find.

Jonathan Scott said:
Nice. Wrong hemisphere too. That one took me SEVERAL MINUTES to find.

Too many clues? Sorry! Just trying desperately not to repeat the world record. :redface:

OmCheeto said:
Too many clues? Sorry! Just trying desperately not to repeat the world record. :redface:

I only used the signpost picture (describing it in words and searching for a similar image) to find it. I'd never even heard of the city before.

Sorry I'm still not likely to have time to find another landmark for a while, so I'm hoping someone else will have a go.

Jonathan Scott said:
I only used the signpost picture (describing it in words and searching for a similar image) to find it. I'd never even heard of the city before.

Sorry I'm still not likely to have time to find another landmark for a while, so I'm hoping someone else will have a go.

I've no time either for these silly games. Let's let edward's wife guess what it is, as he's obviously gone off the deep end, with his new pain meds.

ps. Ed. I can relate. My back is still giving me problems.

pps. Tequila and Vodka migzes isa a rillee goooood kyooooor for pain though... (hic!) :zzz:

ppps. There actually was a clue in there, somewhere.

OmCheeto said:
I've no time either for these silly games. Let's let edward's wife guess what it is, as he's obviously gone off the deep end, with his new pain meds.

pps. Tequila and Vodka migzes isa a rillee goooood kyooooor for pain though... (hic!) :zzz:

No No No I am just a bit goofy and discombobulated. Other than that I am fine. :cry: I quit taking lyrica and went back on the gabapentin. I take it all at night so at least I can sleep.

Didn't you mention sciatic nerve pain? I have some lyrica left.:eek:

<(@^@)> To the left is me looking for the clue.:confused:

OmCheeto said:

... in sentence above.

Mt Rillee doesn't work.

You are pretty close, you just keep your head in the wrong direction, it should umop apisdn.

Borek said:
You are pretty close, you just keep your head in the wrong direction, it should umop apisdn.

That did it. I will have to upload something but it will take a while. If anyone has a landmark ready and wants to find and post the current one go ahead. Could you believe that I had been looking in Mexico.:confused:

edward said:
Just P'd my pants, as I've been on my way there way too many times in this game...

edward said:
That did it. I will have to upload something but it will take a while. If anyone has a landmark ready and wants to find and post the current one go ahead. Could you believe that I had been looking in Mexico.:confused:

Take your time.

PLEASE!

at least a month

The new landmark everyone is anxiously awaiting;

azb4ie.jpg

The country is known for its altitude. There was an ancient indigenous people who lived here. At last count there were only 600 of them left.

Industry has started in this country recently along with the pollution that goes with it. My Jeans were made in this country. I was really surprised to see the name of the country on the label.

14vrxad.jpg

There is a UNESCO site in this country. It is related to the ancient indigenous people.

The aboriginal people who lived here also lived in other surrounding areas that would become countries. Pressure from other tribes and later from people from another continent took a heavy toll.

Just imagine a bit of purple on the darker areas of the picture.

2h561e1.jpg

The elevation here is confusing because there is nothing exceptional about the highest elevation when considered globally.

Last edited:
The country is landlocked in an unusual way.

At the UNESCO site this type of art would bee seen.

1zzp8g5.jpg

Since there is only one UNESCO site in the country I only need the name of the country.

Both the clues about altitude and about being landlocked in an unusual way independently suggest somewhere within the same kingdom, which includes a UNESCO park, but I can't see any way to locate the specific landmark picture.

edward said:
Since there is only one UNESCO site in the country I only need the name of the country.

Isn't that pushing the concept of "landmark" a bit far?

Jonathan Scott said:

I've figured out all the clues, except for "There was an ancient indigenous people who lived here. At last count there were only 600 of them left."

According to wiki, the "blood" people who lived there, number 90,000. :confused:

Even though I have a landmark locked and loaded, I'll not post my guess until I figure this out. (It may take me 6 or more months, without another clue. :smile:)

I suppose it's my ADD that makes this game so much fun.

OmCheeto said:
I've figured out all the clues, except for "There was an ancient indigenous people who lived here. At last count there were only 600 of them left."

According to wiki, the "blood" people who lived there, number 90,000. :confused:

Even though I have a landmark locked and loaded, I'll not post my guess until I figure this out. (It may take me 6 or more months, without another clue. :smile:)

I suppose it's my ADD that makes this game so much fun.

I got the 600 number from a video of the landmark. That may have meant 600 in the area of the landmark.

Jonathan Scott said:

That was just meant to narrow it down. To be more confusing the UNESCO site is split into two parts.:confused:

According to articles I have read by anthropologists, they believe the original inhabitants were in this area as long as 60,000 years ago. They were one of Earth's first civilizations. Some of their genes are in our bodies. But none of our genes are in their bodies with the exception of the genes we inherited from them.

They were and still are small in stature. They were not just in the landmark country because there were no named countries 60,000 years ago.

Jonathan Scott said:
Both the clues about altitude and about being landlocked in an unusual way independently suggest somewhere within the same kingdom, which includes a UNESCO park, but I can't see any way to locate the specific landmark picture.

The pictures posted came from rock overhangs rather than caves.

The pictures posted were from video's. Even then Google found them until I resized them 27 times. This type of picture is common among ancient people. Since there is only one UNESCO site there, and difficult to find pictures of it, I decided that just the name of the country will now be the landmark.

Last edited:
As I mentioned, I think , There is nothing unusual or extraordinary about the counties highest altitude. On the other hand the countries lowest altitude is very remarkable, and it isn't for being exceptionally low.

The country is totally landlocked within just one other country.

edward said:
I got the 600 number from a video of the landmark. That may have meant 600 in the area of the landmark.

And there we have it!

uKhahlamba / Drakensberg Park, Lesotho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mx7DSv084I

"The "San" were Africa's oldest hunters".

The lowest point of Lesotho is unique in that it is the highest low point of any country in the world: "1,400 metres (4,593 ft)" per wiki

And you wear Levi blue jeans. :tongue:

I can't find any articles past 2009 for the "Levi & Gap" jean toxic waste death scare.

The Lesotho Textile Exporters Assn has the following on their website:

The disposal of other solid waste materials is taken care of by the responsible municipality. Lesotho does not have the facilities to deal with hazardous substances that are a by-product of the denim effluent treatment plants, and these are currently stockpiled and then transported to South Africa for processing.

Anyways, those are all my guesses, and I'm sticking to them. :smile:

OmCheeto said:
And there we have it!

uKhahlamba / Drakensberg Park, Lesotho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mx7DSv084I

"The "San" were Africa's oldest hunters".

The lowest point of Lesotho is unique in that it is the highest low point of any country in the world: "1,400 metres (4,593 ft)" per wiki

And you wear Levi blue jeans. :tongue:

I can't find any articles past 2009 for the "Levi & Gap" jean toxic waste death scare.

The Lesotho Textile Exporters Assn has the following on their website:
Anyways, those are all my guesses, and I'm sticking to them. :smile:

That is correct, and to think that we went through all of this because I bought a pair of jeans at Target.

I backed away from needing the exact UNECSO site because it went through a name change in the past year.

The Maloti-Drakensberg Park is a transboundary site composed of the uKhahlamba Drakensberg National Park in South Africa and the Sehlathebe National Park in Lesotho.

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/985

Last edited:
edward said:
That is correct, and to think that we went through all of this because I bought a pair of jeans at Target.

I backed away from needing the exact UNECSO site because it went through a name change in the past year.

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/985

Yay! And given that I'm having trouble coming up with landmarks lately, I will have to borrow your trick and start checking my clothing for ideas.

The following is not based on any clothing. It is me in the foreground, and my younger brother on the pedestal. It was taken in approximately 1963. I did not know where this image was taken until a few days ago. The landscape may have changed a bit since then.

tbt.2014.09.11.1956.jpe

Had the image been take from the opposite direction, a bridge of some significance might have been captured. A replacement bridge was started in 1973.

pf.wtlm.2014.09.14.2346.jpg

The new bridge as seen from somewhere in the landmark​

I have to pass on this one, I have seen it.