Found an interesting ''iq'' test online

I think the trick to the box one is you always think its more. And yea the word problems actually take effort I think thats why I got the wrong. :(

They could have put the correct answer and 2034 and youd go with 2034 just because you know its not 16 or what ever.

and the number of boxes, I never get those number of boxes ones right, what is the trick in those?
Even after seeing the answer, I looked back and was still unable to find the amount of boxes it says. I really think it's wrong.

I hate IQ tests simply because the outcome is just a number. I like the logic based ones a bit more and I only do it from time to time to see if I am slacking, but for the life of me after 2 mins I just don't care. I don't care when wendy cross the finishing line if see travels x distance at x speed....I find it really hard to care at all. or any of those questions really, the outcome is trivial.

I wish there was like a surivival based IQ test. They lock you in the maze and you have to find your way out or something. I am curious to learn things that actually matter in reality.

The last test tried my hardest to stay focused I got 130, no cheating or calculators, or anything of that sort, and I am happy with that.

I hate IQ tests simply because the outcome is just a number. I like the logic based ones a bit more and I only do it from time to time to see if I am slacking, but for the life of me after 2 mins I just don't care. I don't care when wendy cross the finishing line if see travels x distance at x speed....I find it really hard to care at all. or any of those questions really, the outcome is trivial.

I wish there was like a surivival based IQ test. They lock you in the maze and you have to find your way out or something. I am curious to learn things that actually matter in reality.

The last test tried my hardest to stay focused I got 130, no cheating or calculators, or anything of that sort, and I am happy with that.
and you should be. with a score of 30 you could be anything you set your mind to.

a survival based iq test would be pretty sweet.

Not a qualifiable IQ test. Mensa is a scam, no surprise there. Anything which relies on language or mathematical acquisition is unreliable.

If you want a legitimate IQ test you should look into a Raven test, probably advanced matrices. It has a testable ceiling at around ~130 IQ, but all reliable fluid intelligence tests do.

Raven's progressive matrices is a non-verbal IQ test that's given to inner-city kids on the basis that established tests take high-culture into account, and are thus biased against the inner-city people.
You can find on-line raven's matrices for free; some of them are a real challenge!

I don't see how abstract patterns are city-biased.

Matterwave

Science Advisor
Gold Member
I got a 23...but I've seen some of the problems before. But to compensate, i just skipped all the word problems cus I dun like em. :P

Is anyone on these forums actually part of Mensa? I'm interested in what they do as a member...

ideasrule

Homework Helper
Hahaha don't you love when you do the work wrong yet still get the right answer? Too bad this didn't work in highschool :sadface: (The work was worth the most amount of marks lol)
Yup, love it. I didn't do the work entirely wrong, though: I found a pattern that was restrictive enough to exclude all but one choice, but not as restrictive as "perfect squares".

Your score was 28 out of 30

I forgot to count the double 7 in 77
And I didn't get BANALITIES (what a positively banal word)

I guess it was a fun little test, but I thought the questions were too simple to really test intelligence. It's the harder, problem solving questions that I find challenging (and troublesome).

Yup, love it. I didn't do the work entirely wrong, though: I found a pattern that was restrictive enough to exclude all but one choice, but not as restrictive as "perfect squares".
was it the pattern of 9s? im no sure if ir remember this correctly but that is what i did(think). i think most of them added to 9 or something,
idont understand how the 7s one is not 11.

i get 11.

OH WAIT I FORGOT 71,72,73,74,75,76,78,79.......ugh

also that distance problem i dont get how right triangles matters. they walk 4 m in opposite directions then walk 3 meters to the left. i thought itd be 4 meters difference since the left is equal distance in the same direction, but that wasnt even a choice to choose.

Last edited:
I forgot to count the double 7 in 77
I went through and got all the 7's in the second digit, except for 77. I thought "hahah, you're not tricking me with that one." So I got both. Except I forgot the 7's in 70, 71, 71, etc. I felt like an idiot.