'Frame' symmetry breaking - when did it happen?

In summary, the concept of a preferred or rest frame in our universe is based on the observation of the Cosmic Microwave Background and can also be defined based on isotropy of matter. This symmetry breaking likely occurred at the onset of inflation, although it could have also happened before or during inflation. However, the details of this symmetry breaking and its role in starting inflation are not well understood.
Dmitry67
In any place of our universe we can define a 'preferred' or 'rest' frame based on the observation of the Cosmic Microwave Background. Of course, in different places of our universe these frames are different, but the idea is the same.

If instead of the CMB we define this frame based on the an isotropy of any forms of matter in that frame we can go backwards in time to the time before CMB.

If we take the 'void' universe, before the inflation, then there no 'preferred' frames can be defined because vacuum is the same nomatter how you move thru it. SO it was some kind of a symmetry breaking - before all frames we equal, then they are still mathematically equivalent (based on the SR/GR) but in some of them evenrything is isotropic while in the others it is not.

So my question - it is correct that this 'symmetry breaking' happened right after the era of inflation?
Why it is not usually called 'symmetry breaking'? May be it is something well known and I just don't know right words to search in arxiv?
Now the most difficult question: why in different places of our universe that symmetry breaking was consistent? (Ihope it is clear what I mean by that). Note that it happened after the inflation so the usual explanations based on the effects of the inflation can not be used.

Thank you

Space news on Phys.org
The symmetry breaking would have been at the onset of inflation, not after.

why? during the era of inflation space is void as far as I know. Hence there are no preferred frames.

Dmitry67 said:
why? during the era of inflation space is void as far as I know. Hence there are no preferred frames.
The preferred frame stems from the field that drives inflation: it's the frame where the field takes on a constant value at all locations.

Thank you, it explains what puzzled me for so long!
So it happened BEFORE the inflation, hence, at the Planks era, hence, we don't know a lot about it :)

Dmitry67 said:
Thank you, it explains what puzzled me for so long!
So it happened BEFORE the inflation, hence, at the Planks era, hence, we don't know a lot about it :)
Well, maybe before, or maybe right at the onset of inflation. But either way, we don't even know that much about inflation yet, let alone what started it off. So right, we don't know much about the symmetry breaking that led to a preferred rest frame of the universe.

1. When did the concept of "Frame" symmetry breaking first arise?

The concept of "Frame" symmetry breaking first arose in the 1960s with the work of physicists Yoichiro Nambu, Jeffrey Goldstone, and Steven Weinberg. They proposed that certain particles and their interactions could cause a spontaneous breaking of symmetry in the laws of physics.

2. How does "Frame" symmetry breaking occur?

"Frame" symmetry breaking occurs when a system transitions from a symmetric state to an asymmetric state. This can happen due to the interactions between particles or through the influence of external forces. It is a spontaneous process that is not fully understood, but has been observed in various physical systems.

3. What are some examples of "Frame" symmetry breaking?

One example of "Frame" symmetry breaking is the Higgs mechanism, which explains how particles acquire mass through interactions with the Higgs field. Another example is the breaking of chiral symmetry in quantum chromodynamics, which describes the strong nuclear force.

4. Can "Frame" symmetry breaking be reversed?

In some cases, "Frame" symmetry breaking can be reversed through a phase transition. This is when a system transitions back to a symmetric state under certain conditions, such as changes in temperature or pressure. However, in other cases, the asymmetry may be permanent.

5. What are the implications of "Frame" symmetry breaking?

"Frame" symmetry breaking has major implications for our understanding of the fundamental laws of physics. It allows for the explanation of various phenomena, such as the origin of mass, and helps to unify different theories in physics. It also has practical applications, such as in the development of new materials and technologies.