Free Graphics Programs for an Animation Project in Wisconsin

In summary: Animation is one of the areas that blender is constantly improving.In summary, Blender3D is a good free program that can be used to create an animated cartoon of particles in a model. It is a complex program and takes time to learn.
lowing99
Hi Folks

I am trying to create an animated graphic to support a theory requested by a Prof in Winsconsin, I am wondering if anyone can help, is there a good free program out there that will allow me to create an animated cartoon of the particles in my model??

Tried a few but nothing suitable so far

best

Colin

Computer science news on Phys.org
Which ones have you tried? Blender3D would be my first suggestion.

Hi Fss

Will track it down and give it a go, thanks

best

col

It depends on what you're actually modeling and trying to animate. For example, I'm a CFD person. I can get particle tracing and things like that through my post-processing suites.

Do you have simply pictures (screenshots), do you have point data? What are you working with?

I need to model a lattice of cubes, and animate a wave, lots of spheres going up and down with lattice threads stretching and contracting, just looking for a simple freeware that'll let me design and animate that in a basic way.

best

colin

lowing99 said:
Hi Folks

I am trying to create an animated graphic to support a theory requested by a Prof in Winsconsin, I am wondering if anyone can help, is there a good free program out there that will allow me to create an animated cartoon of the particles in my model??

Tried a few but nothing suitable so far

best

Colin
http://www.ar-cad.com/freecad/index.html
3d CAD with motion simulation
http://www.misfitcode.com/misfitmodel3d/
3D modeler with animation

post a help wanted here http://www.3dlinks.com/forums_Display.cfm?id=12 you can find someone working on their portfolio to do it for you, or goto your local college and in either the computer science or film/animation building and post a flyer asking for help.

alternately to do an animation with your requirements will take a lot of time to learn and get up to speed on the software and hand animating techniques(about 4-6 months). I would recommend buying the student version of a major software like maya or 3ds. ( I use maya at work and i love it. though it does have a very significant learning curve.)

some things are fine in blender and it's getting better all the time.

Last edited:

Related to Free Graphics Programs for an Animation Project in Wisconsin

1. What are some popular free graphics programs for an animation project in Wisconsin?

Some popular free graphics programs for animation projects in Wisconsin include Blender, Pencil2D, Krita, and Synfig Studio.

2. Can these programs be used for both 2D and 3D animation projects?

Yes, all of the programs mentioned above can be used for both 2D and 3D animation projects.

3. Are these programs suitable for beginners?

Yes, these programs are suitable for beginners as they have user-friendly interfaces and provide tutorials and resources for beginners to learn and create animations.

4. Do these programs have community support in Wisconsin?

Yes, these programs have a strong community support in Wisconsin, with regular meetups, workshops, and online forums for users to connect and collaborate.

5. Are these programs compatible with all operating systems?

Most of these programs are compatible with multiple operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux. However, it is always recommended to check the system requirements before downloading and using the programs.