1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Free Online Math and Science Textbooks

1. Oct 12, 2015 #1
    Hey, everyone. I am in 7th grade, but skipped a grade in science and 2 in math. To prepare for hard high school and college, I want to find a website where there are free online high school and college math and science textbooks, for free! Can someone recommend a site?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 13, 2015 #2

DEvens

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Google is your friend. There are several web sites with downloadable texts.

But wait! There's more! I would suggest you not go to ANY of those sites unless you have some pretty good anti-virus software installed on your computer. The main purpose of such web sites seems to be to install malware on your computer. And don't open any files from them if they have file types exe or scr or any other executable or binary types. Even a zip file should be approached with some caution.

And there's still more! So you are effectively 8th grade in science? 9th grade in math? Your school library really should have enough to keep you happy for a year or two. If not, then agitate for a library card from your local library. And maybe a digital book reader for your birthday or xmas gift or whatever. I am finding that my iPad mini with a Kindle prog is really quite pleasant to read books on. Your local library probably lets you borrow books on a Kindle (unless you live in Canada, darn it.)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted