Frequency of sound detected by microphone

  • Thread starter Thread starter desmond iking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Frequency Sound
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
desmond iking
Messages
284
Reaction score
2


first, i find the wavelength of sound = 330/1100= 0.3m

then, I find the frequency of rise and fall of intensuty of sound = 3/0.3 = 10hz..
but the ans is 20hz. which part is wrong?
 
Attachments
  • DSC04196.jpg
    DSC04196.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 449
Physics news on Phys.org
How does the intensity of the sound vary along the line between X and Y? Where are the peaks?
 
desmond iking said:
first, i find the wavelength of sound = 330/1100= 0.3m

then, I find the frequency of rise and fall of intensuty of sound = 3/0.3 = 10hz..
but the ans is 20hz. which part is wrong?
I reckon the part that's wrong might be right near the start, when you told yourself that this is too straight-forward to bother sketching any diagram. :wink:

How about drawing the two speakers and what you're expecting to find between them?