1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

From chemical engineering to aerospace engineering

1. Jan 20, 2013 #1
    I am about to finish my Chemical engineering degree, but i am starting to lose interest in it. instead, I am getting really interested in aerodynamics, jet propulsion, aircraft design, and other stuff involving aerospace/aeronautical engineering. I was wondering if it is possible to get an aerospace/aeronautical engineering master degree, after finishing my bachelors in chemical engineering....

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 20, 2013 #2
    can't be satisfied making jet fuel? :D

4. Jan 21, 2013 #3
    I know that the easiest way, for a chemical engineer, to get into the aerospace industry, is by specializing in fuel or materials, but i REALLY want to get in to the mechanical aspect of that industry. That is why i want to get degree in aerospace engineering.

My 2nd option is getting a masters in mechanical engineering, which seems to be a little bit easier career change for a chemical engineer. Then specialize in aerospace applications

My 3rd option would be getting a 2nd bachelors degree in mechanical engineering which would take me only about 1 or 2 extra year since there are many similar courses in both degrees. Then take a masters in aerospace engineering.

Please answer which of the 3 is the best option, or if it is even worth doing...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook