From chemical engineering to aerospace engineering

• Thread starter Chemxav
  • Start date
I am about to finish my Chemical engineering degree, but i am starting to lose interest in it. instead, I am getting really interested in aerodynamics, jet propulsion, aircraft design, and other stuff involving aerospace/aeronautical engineering. I was wondering if it is possible to get an aerospace/aeronautical engineering master degree, after finishing my bachelors in chemical engineering....

Answers and Replies

member 392791
can't be satisfied making jet fuel? :D

I know that the easiest way, for a chemical engineer, to get into the aerospace industry, is by specializing in fuel or materials, but i REALLY want to get in to the mechanical aspect of that industry. That is why i want to get degree in aerospace engineering.

My 2nd option is getting a masters in mechanical engineering, which seems to be a little bit easier career change for a chemical engineer. Then specialize in aerospace applications

My 3rd option would be getting a 2nd bachelors degree in mechanical engineering which would take me only about 1 or 2 extra year since there are many similar courses in both degrees. Then take a masters in aerospace engineering.

Please answer which of the 3 is the best option, or if it is even worth doing...