Geometer's Sketchpad: How do I put a grid over an image?

• Thread starter tubegeek
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Grid Image
In summary, there is a way to use an image as a background in Geometer's Sketchpad and superimpose a grid over it. This method is demonstrated in a blog post at mathfest.blogspot.com/2008/01/strauss-sketchpad-photos-quadratics-and.html. However, there may be some issues with cutting and pasting on different versions of GSP.
tubegeek
Is it possible to use an image as a background to a function graph in Geometer's Sketchpad, so that I could superimpose a grid over a map? Does anybody have an alternative suggestion if that's not possible in GSP?

Thanks,

-tubegeek

Computer science news on Phys.org
Yes, it is pretty straightforward - see my post at mathfest.blogspot.com/2008/01/strauss-sketchpad-photos-quadratics-and.html

rossisen said:
Yes, it is pretty straightforward - see my post at mathfest.blogspot.com/2008/01/strauss-sketchpad-photos-quadratics-and.html

Thanks for the link, great demo.

For some reason cutting and pasting wasn't working for me on the machines at school - do you know if that is a recently added feature? Because the machines at school run GSP 4.06 and I have 4.07 at home (which did the job fine.)

Hmm. I'll have to try harder on it at school now that I know I SHOULD be able to get it to work.

- tubegeek

I would guess that it was in 4.03, at least.

1. How do I import an image into Geometer's Sketchpad?

To import an image into Geometer's Sketchpad, click on the "File" menu and select "Import." Then, choose "Image" from the dropdown menu and select the image file you want to import.

2. How do I resize an image in Geometer's Sketchpad?

To resize an image in Geometer's Sketchpad, click on the image and then click on the "Transform" menu. From there, you can adjust the size by dragging the handles or by entering specific dimensions.

3. How can I add a grid to an image in Geometer's Sketchpad?

To add a grid to an image in Geometer's Sketchpad, first select the image and then click on the "Transform" menu. From there, choose "Grid" and then select the type of grid you want to use.

4. How do I adjust the grid size in Geometer's Sketchpad?

To adjust the grid size in Geometer's Sketchpad, click on the grid and then click on the "Transform" menu. From there, select "Grid" and then choose "Properties." You can then change the size of the grid by adjusting the "Spacing" values.

5. Is it possible to remove the grid from an image in Geometer's Sketchpad?

Yes, it is possible to remove the grid from an image in Geometer's Sketchpad. Simply select the image and then click on the grid. Click on the "Transform" menu and select "Grid" and then choose "None" from the options. This will remove the grid from the image.