Going to college for aersopace egnineering this fall, any advice?

In summary, the speaker is planning to attend a university in the US for aerospace engineering in the fall and is seeking advice. They also mention their interest in astronautical engineering and their minor in Russian. They have been passionate about space since a young age and have talked to many engineers to confirm their career choice. They apologize for any wordiness and acknowledge that their post may be in the wrong thread.
oksana
I will be attending a university in the US for aerospace engineering this fall as I stated above and I understand the level of difficulty that comes with this major but I just wanted to know if anyone had any advice for me, I know that’s a broad question to ask.
My plan is to go into astronautical engineering just an fyi.
Also I will be minoring in Russian; I am hoping this will give me a leg up in the field in any way possible.
I've been obsessed with all things space related since I was six (I wanted to be an astronaut until I was 12 and still have that dream in the back of my head). I decided to become an aerospace engineer when I was in 6th grade. I have talked to many engineers and I know without a doubt this job is for me.

Sorry for all of the wordiness but I was just wanting some advice from people who have gone through the program. Thanks

also i realize this is in the wrong thread...sorry about that

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Moved.

Zz.

1. What courses should I take to prepare for a degree in aerospace engineering?

To prepare for a degree in aerospace engineering, it is recommended to take courses in mathematics, physics, and computer science. These subjects will provide a strong foundation for the technical aspects of aerospace engineering.

2. What skills are important for success in the aerospace engineering field?

Some important skills for success in aerospace engineering include problem-solving, critical thinking, attention to detail, and strong communication skills. It is also important to have a strong understanding of mathematics and physics, as well as technical skills in computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) software.

3. How can I get involved in research opportunities in the aerospace engineering field?

One way to get involved in research opportunities is to reach out to professors or research labs at your college or university. You can also attend conferences and networking events to connect with professionals in the aerospace engineering field and learn about potential research opportunities.

4. Are there any extracurricular activities that would be beneficial for an aerospace engineering student?

Yes, there are several extracurricular activities that can be beneficial for an aerospace engineering student. Joining a student organization, such as the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), can provide valuable networking opportunities and hands-on experience. Participating in design competitions or internships in the aerospace industry can also be beneficial.

5. What advice do you have for someone starting college in the fall for aerospace engineering?

My advice would be to stay organized, manage your time effectively, and seek help when needed. Don't be afraid to ask questions and seek guidance from professors or upperclassmen. It's also important to stay curious and continue learning outside of the classroom. Attend seminars, workshops, and industry events to expand your knowledge and make connections in the field. Most importantly, don't forget to enjoy the journey and have fun!