1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good book on light/optics and microscopes

Tags:
  1. Jul 3, 2014 #1
    Hi awesome people at physicsforum,
    I'm interested in understanding light and optics such that i can understand the basics behind the different types of microscopes (phase-contrast, light microscope, electron emmision etc.). I'm not so interested in the math and calculations, more in the visual explanation of how light works and how it's used in microscopes so i have a clear picture of how the microscopes works and an intuition in how light works and can be used. Any books on those subjects?

Kind regards,
    Christian

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 4, 2014 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

What level of understanding are you starting from?
    Note: you will not be able to achieve your stated goals to "understand the basics the different types of microscopes" and to "get a clear picture of how the microscope works" and "an intuition in how light works and can be used", without some maths.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted