Good information on magnets, magnetic energy, magnetic forces

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
satelliteguy
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Can anyone point me in the direction of good information on magnet's, magnetic energy, magnetic forces. Or does anybody have a good understanding of this?

Would really like to find somewhere that I can order magnets. Or better yet, make good one's myself, or find out how to find rare Earth magnets.

Thank you for any help on this. If anyone has a great understanding of magnets, I have a ton of questions.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


satelliteguy said:
Can anyone point me in the direction of good information on magnet's, magnetic energy, magnetic forces. Or does anybody have a good understanding of this?

Would really like to find somewhere that I can order magnets. Or better yet, make good one's myself, or find out how to find rare Earth magnets.

Thank you for any help on this. If anyone has a great understanding of magnets, I have a ton of questions.

I found an online source that lists the various grades of Neodymium magnets they sell. They list specifications. http://www.magnetsales.com/index.htm"
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Found that site too. Would like to find some info on magnetic fields, forces, and equations for these.
 


This might be a start
http://www.arnoldmagnetics.com/mtc/calc_gauss_cyl.htm"

Ya, know. I don't know why I gave you that above link. I must have got them comfused. If I am looking for a reputable site for materials, if they manage specifications rather than yacking up how wonderful their stuff is, I feel more comfortable departing with cash. This is the one I was thinking of
http://www.kjmagnetics.com/specs.asp"
 
Last edited by a moderator: